well that sucked

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Was walking to my desk with coffee, some spilled on my hand, it was really hot and my reflexes caused me to spill it EVERYWHERE. Surprisingly there's some left in the cup to drink.

My cubicle wall now looks like the after math of an office shooting.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
This is the real reason you put cold milk into hot coffee. Anyone who says differently is lying.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Was walking to my desk with coffee, some spilled on my hand, it was really hot and my reflexes caused me to spill it EVERYWHERE. Surprisingly there's some left in the cup to drink.

Pffftt...boiling water is only 100 degrees Celsius. Quit being a wuss.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Sue yourself for making the coffee too hot.

Clearly the fault of the mug designer. The mug didn't safely dissipate the thermal energy to a safe degree when the fluid was first poured in. Fault can also be easily found with the coffee machine itself, and with the electrical outlet.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

It's important for the cops to add up the bodies, injuries, number of perps, bullets fired and the like. :biggrin:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Clearly the fault of the mug designer. The mug didn't safely dissipate the thermal energy to a safe degree when the fluid was first poured in. Fault can also be easily found with the coffee machine itself, and with the electrical outlet.

Yep already filed my lawsuit to Keurig, the mug company and the electric company. Also working on filing a lawsuit against the company that made the mould which was used to form the handle of the mug, as it more than likely played a role too.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Yep already filed my lawsuit to Keurig, the mug company and the electric company. Also working on filing a lawsuit against the company that made the mould which was used to form the handle of the mug, as it more than likely played a role too.

Actually, those Keurigs don't let you control the temp do they? My mother has one, it's the most overpriced hunk of garbage I've ever seen. It was like $100+ and I've had to try to fix the thing several times because it keeps breaking down. Even when it is working it takes 4 of those pods just to make a decent serving (or two pods brewed twice). The price/quality/selection of the pods is poor as well. I don't know why anybody ever thought these things were a good idea, or how the heck they became such a fad.

They've had much better cheaper coffee makers since like the 80's (full pot or single serve with an insert). And you could even pre-load the things and set a timer so it was ready to go when you got up.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Actually, those Keurigs don't let you control the temp do they? My mother has one, it's the most overpriced hunk of garbage I've ever seen. It was like $100+ and I've had to try to fix the thing several times because it keeps breaking down. Even when it is working it takes 4 of those pods just to make a decent serving (or two pods brewed twice). The price/quality/selection of the pods is poor as well. I don't know why anybody ever thought these things were a good idea, or how the heck they became such a fad.

They've had much better cheaper coffee makers since like the 80's (full pot or single serve with an insert). And you could even pre-load the things and set a timer so it was ready to go when you got up.

The only advantage to them is the ability to make a single cup, as opposed to a full pot, but yeah they are overpriced for what they are. They're basically the Apple of coffee machines. It's nice to have it at work, but it's not something I'd buy for myself.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Considered making a parody about coming to Canada seeking safety and being assaulted with hot coffee by a coworker from the next cubicle on my first day.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Did that the other day. Got a hot chocolate from the break room, walked into the hallway & opened the door, breeze made the door slam into my elbow as I was walking in, causing my drink to explode everywhere. It looked like Dexter had been there :(

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Don't forget to sue your parents for not getting you involved in enough sports, leading to your lack of coordination and balance to be able to carry a cup of coffee without spilling it. And, your 8th grade middle school math teacher for telling you to never fill the cup beyond 4/5 full, but not really doing a good enough job at teaching you what 4/5 meant.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
You.....said "Keurig," but I'm assuming that's Canadian for "Tim Hortons?"

Nov 20, 2009

Disgruntledcubicle took it out on your cube.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
The struggle is real, especially with the sun. :eek: On the other hand, puncture pain we are less sensitive to. Probably why needles don't really bother me.

I'm not a redhead and needles don't bother me either. I think you just grow out of that fear at some point. When I was a little kid I'd rather have died than get a shot. Today I'm more worried about what's in the shot than the shot itself. "OMG thimerosal! I'm feeling a little derpy! *derp face* Halp I haz the autism rectum spectrum disordars! gahhhhh!"

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
There is a Tim Hortons k-cup :biggrin:

imdoneirongiant.gif