Well, South Ossetian independance sure did not last long.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
This is just a ploy by the Russians to help McCain get elected by reminding people that the world is a dangerous place and that we can't have a President who needs on the job training before he becomes effective.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
This is just a ploy by the Russians to help McCain get elected by reminding people that the world is a dangerous place and that we can't have a President who needs on the job training before he becomes effective.
What training does McCain have, being a POW for 5 years?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You forget, perception trumps reality.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
What training does Obama have?

McCain has 26 years in the House and Senate and is seen as a leader in the Senate. Obama is not even seen as a leader within his own party.

He's like the guy who shows up at all the condo board meetings and sits in the back and never says anything and then one day he stands up and says he wants to be the next President of the board.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

McCain has 26 years in the House and Senate and is seen as a leader in the Senate. Obama is not even seen as a leader within his own party.

He's like the guy who shows up at all the condo board meetings and sits in the back and never says anything and then one day he stands up and says he wants to be the next President of the board.
So being the leader of a political party gives him the experience he needs to deal with Foreign policy and Foreign leaders like Putin who's made a fool out of our current leaders who supposedly have all this experience.

Got it:roll:

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Well, Georgians can thank their fascist president for loosing the lands Stalin gave them.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004

I understand the "experience" argument, really I do, and at any time in my life until now, I would've agreed with you.

But now I'm wondering: haven't we had enough of their type of experience? Bush was governor, and Rumsfeld was SoD twice. That's plenty of experience...and look where it got us. They sent HALF of what the Army siad they needed to defeat and occupy Iraq, and then 5 years later, after a bloody insurrection/civil war, 4000 American dead, Abu Ghraib, etc., they finally decided to "surge". Phil Gramm has plenty of experience, and it led him to conclude that the disastrous state of our economy is imaginary, and we're just a nation of whiners. That's the sort of experience we're talking about here. Experience in being WRONG.

Isn't it time to try something new? Imagine all the old dinosaurs at your job, with decades of experience; they don't always perform well when a new info system is rolled out, now do they? Instead, they're resistant to change and unable to function with the new hardware/software. Sometimes, you just gotta cast off the old ways and start over...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

So being the leader of a political party gives him the experience he needs to deal with Foreign policy and Foreign leaders like Putin who's made a fool out of our current leaders who supposedly have all this experience.

Got it:roll:

Don't you see the argument? If our leaders succeed it's because they have 'experience'. If these 'experienced' leaders fail miserably... over and over and over again... that merely highlights how tricky the world is and how much we need 'experienced' people to run our country in it.

This is like the troops in Iraq argument all over again. If things are going well, we need the troops there to ensure it. If things are going badly then we need the troops there. Strangely enough the answer, no matter the circumstances, is always that we need to follow the Republicans.

Shocking.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Buck Armstrong

I understand the "experience" argument, really I do, and at any time in my life until now, I would've agreed with you.

But now I'm wondering: haven't we had enough of their type of experience? Bush was governor, and Rumsfeld was SoD twice. That's plenty of experience...and look where it got us. They sent HALF of what the Army siad they needed to defeat and occupy Iraq, and then 5 years later, after a bloody insurrection/civil war, 4000 American dead, Abu Ghraib, etc., they finally decided to "surge". Phil Gramm has plenty of experience, and it led him to conclude that the disastrous state of our economy is imaginary, and we're just a nation of whiners. That's the sort of experience we're talking about here. Experience in being WRONG.

Isn't it time to try something new? Imagine all the old dinosaurs at your job, with decades of experience; they don't always perform well when a new info system is rolled out, now do they? Instead, they're resistant to change and unable to function with the new hardware/software. Sometimes, you just gotta cast off the old ways and start over...

Yeah the Bush Admin with all their experience were suppose to be some kind of Dream Team. It turned out more like Nightmare on Elm Street.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Are you an idiot? The Russians loathe McCain. Did you ever stop for a minute and think why the Russians adopted the "i don't give a fuck" style of foreign policy starting in the last few years? It's because of retards in our government that think and act just like McCain. To start off his presidency Bush unilaterally withdrew from the ABM treaty. The Russians asked us not to, we told them to fuck off. We then decided to invade Iraq, Russia put it's clout on the table to try and get us to stop, we embarrassed them and then told them to fuck off. We install BMD missiles in the countries right next door to them and then when they complain we tell them to fuck off. We expand NATO, a treaty that was originally made explicitly to oppose Russia/Soviet Union, and we push member states right to their borders with the threat to keep expanding. They complain about it, we tell them to fuck off.

Gee, I have no idea why Russia might be taking measures against future NATO states on its borders and ignoring the US when we ask them to stop. We have antagonized them for the better part of a decade, and when they do something back we freak out and decide that the only solution is electing another moron who wants to fight them even more. And for what? For what fucking purpose? What did the US gain out of these moves!? A horrible mistake of a war? The comfort and security that comes from Lithuania being on our side in a war?

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Knew it was a land grab all along. Welcome to Cold War part II. Lets hope it never goes hot eh?
Makes one wonder what the fuck the Bush Administration was doing letting Georgia put itself in such a compromising position.

I want to know why Bush even let Russia invade to begin with.
After Georgian Troops attacked S.O. there was nothing Bush could do except watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and make meaningless threats against Russia. He got owned by Putin very easily.

BTW WTF is up with your sig?

Right but Bush controls the world you know? I mean, ANYTHING bad that happens is his fault. So obviously he ok'd the invasion.

My sig illustrates that in the case of rape blacks specifically and intentionally target whites, whereas the reverse is not true. Make of that what you will. I do want to shorten it and throw in some stats for blacks in prison and things like that, but havent had time yet. I'll get around to it though, dont worry. Its all very fascinating. :)

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Sacrilege
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: GrGr
Gee. Sakaashvili murders South Ossetians and razes their capital, and people are surprised the South Ossetians give Georgia the finger?

tell me when you come back to reality.

Do you dispute the fact that Georgia bombarded South Ossetian civilian areas first in a surprise attack?

there is a little bit of difference between 'razing their capital' and 'bombarding' it.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
Originally posted by: Double Trouble
This has very little to do with not trusting Russia. The fact is that most of the people in South Ossetia want to be a part of Russia, and many of them are already Russians. This is not a case of Russia forcefully taking over some country and making it part of Russia against the will of the inhabitants, this is Russia annexing an area that wants to be a part of Russia. I don't see the issue as long as that's the will of the population of that area --- and by all accounts it is.

i heard the Austrians and people in the Sudetenland were eager to be German citizen again as well.

Stupid comparison. Was there a de facto independent section of Austria that was getting bombed/attacked by the Austrian government that was asking for the Germans to come in and protect them? Don't think so.

i thought that was the logic behind invading czechslovakia

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Are you an idiot? The Russians loathe McCain. Did you ever stop for a minute and think why the Russians adopted the "i don't give a fuck" style of foreign policy starting in the last few years? It's because of retards in our government that think and act just like McCain. To start off his presidency Bush unilaterally withdrew from the ABM treaty. The Russians asked us not to, we told them to fuck off. We then decided to invade Iraq, Russia put it's clout on the table to try and get us to stop, we embarrassed them and then told them to fuck off. We install BMD missiles in the countries right next door to them and then when they complain we tell them to fuck off. We expand NATO, a treaty that was originally made explicitly to oppose Russia/Soviet Union, and we push member states right to their borders with the threat to keep expanding. They complain about it, we tell them to fuck off.

Gee, I have no idea why Russia might be taking measures against future NATO states on its borders and ignoring the US when we ask them to stop. We have antagonized them for the better part of a decade, and when they do something back we freak out and decide that the only solution is electing another moron who wants to fight them even more. And for what? For what fucking purpose? What did the US gain out of these moves!? A horrible mistake of a war? The comfort and security that comes from Lithuania being on our side in a war?

And of course the solution is appeasement. Vote in a liberal, gut the military and let Russia do whatever it wants because our liberal pussies dont have the balls to say stop?
Oh yeah, THAT sounds like a winning strategy.....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Knew it was a land grab all along. Welcome to Cold War part II. Lets hope it never goes hot eh?
Makes one wonder what the fuck the Bush Administration was doing letting Georgia put itself in such a compromising position.

After Georgian Troops attacked S.O. there was nothing Bush could do except watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and make meaningless threats against Russia. He got owned by Putin very easily.

Right but Bush controls the world you know? I mean, ANYTHING bad that happens is his fault. So obviously he ok'd the invasion.

My sig illustrates that in the case of rape blacks specifically and intentionally target whites, whereas the reverse is not true. Make of that what you will. I do want to shorten it and throw in some stats for blacks in prison and things like that, but havent had time yet. I'll get around to it though, dont worry. Its all very fascinating. :)

Your statistics say nothing of the sort. Equally as likely could be that white people find sex with black women distasteful and avoid it. See how that works? Way to take a small piece of isolated information and draw a retarded conclusion from it.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005

Your statistics say nothing of the sort. Equally as likely could be that white people find sex with black women distasteful and avoid it. See how that works? Way to take a small piece of isolated information and draw a retarded conclusion from it.

I work with what I'm given, which is a small sig character limit. Suffice to say there is vastly more black on white rape then the other way around. And the stats prove it. You can ignore it or deny it, but, well, we've been down that road before. I can only show the information, I cannot make you accept it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

He didn't OK the invasion, his ineptitude regarding foreign affairs enabled the invasion.

Post the stats of White on White rape if you want to see some real alaming stats.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005

He didn't OK the invasion, his ineptitude regarding foreign affairs enabled the invasion.

But the liberals say everything is Bushs fault! You know, Russia invades because of Bush, banks collapse because of Bush, We win/lose the Olympics because of Bush and my car had a flat tire because of Bush!

Post the stats of White on White rape if you want to see some real alaming stats.

What alarms me is how often I hear about discrimination and such, and yet stats like this tell me its NOT white on black racism thats happening in this country. It is in fact quite the opposite.....
Again. Make of it what you will. I cant make you accept the facts I can only show them. However that discussion seems a bit outside of the scope of this thread no?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
And of course the solution is appeasement. Vote in a liberal, gut the military and let Russia do whatever it wants because our liberal pussies dont have the balls to say stop?
Again with the "liberal pussy" StrawMan. Do you get your talking points from Coulter, Rush or Hannity? I love these Muy Macho "Conservatives" telling us all liberals are pussies, after they blame Liberal Democrats for getting us into World War I, World War II, Korea, Viet Nam...

Oh yeah, THAT sounds like a sinning strategy.....
I don't know what sinning has to do with South Ossetia...

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Again with the "liberal pussy" StrawMan. Do you get your talking points from Coulter, Rush or Hannity? I love these Muy Macho "Conservatives" telling us all liberals are pussies, after they blame Liberal Democrats for getting us into World War I, World War II, Korea, Viet Nam...

Want me to post all the times I've seen conservatives made fun of? Hell, I'd hit the character limit on a post! I'll start with "Bushwhackos".......

Oh yeah, THAT sounds like a sinning strategy.....
I don't know what sinning has to do with South Ossetia...

:D

Oops. Fixed. Thanks.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Sacrilege
Originally posted by: GrGr
Gee. Sakaashvili murders South Ossetians and razes their capital, and people are surprised the South Ossetians give Georgia the finger?

tell me when you come back to reality.

Do you dispute the fact that Georgia bombarded South Ossetian civilian areas first in a surprise attack?

there is a little bit of difference between 'razing their capital' and 'bombarding' it.

Ah they only 'bombarded' it and killed civilians. Guess it's ok then :roll:

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

Oh yeah, THAT sounds like a winning strategy.....

you mean democrats will follow the path that republicans are currently following?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

But the liberals say everything is Bushs fault! You know, Russia invades because of Bush, banks collapse because of Bush, We win/lose the Olympics because of Bush and my car had a flat tire because of Bush!
So because some blame him for everything he gets a pass when he does fuck up?