Well, my sister got in a accident tonight...

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Ok, so my 16 year old sister just got her licence this past wednesday (5 days ago). Shes had the car on wednesday, thursday, saturday, and tonight sunday. Canada Day.

Well, right in the heart of our downtown, where there are thousands of people/cars, and all streets would be packed, my sister had never driven downtown, yet alone when even the most experienced drivers could get in an accident.

I knew before she left that she would get in an accident. My sister is such a ditz and totally immature, yet she thinks she is untouchable on the road (did i mention shes a total ditz?)

So she comes home and tells my grandparents (when they asked if the car was alright)... "Oh its fine... *leaves to sleep at a friends house* ... oh but the front bumper fell off."

I over heard this and think to myself "bumpers dont just fall off" so i go down to check the car. The front licence plate has been knocked off. On the Left side of the front bumper, I see some scratches. These are scratches from hitting something. I know because I've bumped a few things. Then I look at the front right side of the bumper, I see that its been pushed forward.

She obviously rear-ended someone, or she hit something.

My parents are gonna flip when they see this :Q

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oops

She may not get the car for a while, but that may be the least of her problems

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Young people make mistakes at least it wasnt serious.

Parents are more forgiving than you think.

Or at least mine were.

You should just tell her to fess up and take the punishment. Be the older wiser sibling.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
damn that is like everything you want in a driver..

1) Brand new license
2) Arrogant
3) Girl
4) Canadian.

Not a good mix ;)

lowfatbaconboy

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
i hate it when teenagers just get their license and can't drive worth crap b/c they are cocky

when i got my license i was careful as FSCK and still haven't gotten a speeding ticket or wreck or anything in over a year since i got my license

ucdnam

Golden Member
Jan 28, 2000
I guess she doesn't understand the value of her life because that's what is on the line when you drive. If she's that ignorant, let her die and not have to worry about it. I just hope she doesn't take someone along the way with her.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
i know a lot of drivers that are "total ditzs"...

you can tell a lot about people's driving by their personality...i swear some people should not be allowed to get a license...i mean, they completely zone out while driving..NOT a good thing. or get distracted easily. pretty sad.

i have this friend (NOT a girl, a guy) who will be conversing with me and drive through stop signs and stuff because he's not paying attention, its BAD! i think drivers ed needs a PSYCHOLOGY portion on the test!

ucdnam

Golden Member
Jan 28, 2000
That letting her die thing is a joke, but you understand what I mean. Aren't traffic accidents the number one killer of teens already?

If she gets into accidents and arrested for being a criminal, she may be put into those programs where she has to visit the morgue, see gruelsome stuff, etc. I don't know how long the effects of that last, but it may work.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< I think they should raise the driving age to 18. >>

well at least for women.

At 16 even though most girls would be considered more mature than most guys, behind the wheel they are too concerned about looking in the mirror to see if they are still pretty.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000

<< I know because I've bumped a few things >>

So this inability to drive a car is pretty much hereditary?

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Good to hear it was minor and no one was hurt. Most of the time, these minor incidents make teens more careful though so she'll probably try to keep her nose clean from now on.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< I think they should raise the driving age to 18. >>

Funny you're mentioning it: in the Netherlands the driving age has been 18 almost since the beginning. IMHO it's the right age. Most 16 and 17 years olds are just not ready yet to drive a car at such an age.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
heheh, one night a friend of mine got too close to the ornamental gate in front of my apartment and it took his license plate right off :D

Oct 9, 1999
sorry about the car but the attitude shown by your sister is typical of a 16 yr old who is &quot;got to be popular&quot; or is popular. If you parents gave a little more &quot;testing&quot; and precautionary driving along with her.. she would have tightened up.

however you really cant do anything.. its a typical attitude of that age boy or girl.. though more towards popular/psudo popular girls.

mackstann

Banned
Apr 17, 2001

<< when i got my license i was careful as FSCK and still haven't gotten a speeding ticket or wreck or anything in over a year since i got my license >>

same for me, but i've had my license for almost 2 years

Urinal Mint

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2000
One of the guys I worked with, when his kid got old enough to drive, took the radio completely out of the car for the first 6 months the kid was driving. He did this so that his child would have zero distractions (aside from someone else in the car) while he was driving... kid still got in a wreck, and it was when he had 2 friends in there with him.

I guess you can do all you can, but kids will still be absent-minded kids.

On a side note, I've only had one ticket in the 8 years I've been driving, and that was 3 months after I got my license, heh. One fender bender too... super minor accident at a red light. I've been fortunate. :)

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
depends on the girl.. generally more sporty girls have better coordination etc.. and with level heads get into less accidents. ditzy mall/wimp girls suck behidn the wheel.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

<< well at least for women.

At 16 even though most girls would be considered more mature than most guys, behind the wheel they are too concerned about looking in the mirror to see if they are still pretty.
>>

I would bet that overall 16 year old teenage girls drive more responsibly than 16 year old boys. Some of the most dangerous stunts I have seen from teens driving a car has been done by teenage boys trying to impress/standout.

AaronP

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
more evidence that the driving age should be 18, or at the minimum, drivers under 18 should not be allowed to be on the road after 9:00 or something like that.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I would bet that overall 16 year old teenage girls drive more responsibly than 16 year old boys. Some of the most dangerous stunts I have seen from teens driving a car has been done by teenage boys trying to impress/standout.

While girls do drive more responsibly than guys do, it seems they have much slower reaction times than guys. Guys would be much better drivers if they weren't so damn cocky or showy.

TheKidd

Aug 21, 2000

<< I would bet that overall 16 year old teenage girls drive more responsibly than 16 year old boys. Some of the most dangerous stunts I have seen from teens driving a car has been done by teenage boys trying to impress/standout >>

It is true that there are many retarted teenage boys who do dangerous stunts to impress people, but I tend to think that these morons are in the minority. When you look at the quality of the driving of teenagers who are driving normally, I think boys tend to be better drivers. However, I think that the gap tends to widen as women get older because some of the worst drivers I have ever seen are middle-aged women. Not to say that there aren't horrible male drivers; obviously there are. I just think that there are more horrible female drivers.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
I can understand your frustration, but to put down ALL WOMEN because of something your sister did is wrong. You ought to analyze your comment because it is totally unjustified.