Well its offical...I suck hardcore at supcom

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
The econ for me is retardedly hard to balance. I either have too much power, or too much mass. Everytime I try to correct it it ends up eating up the other resource. Ive tried looking at other players via replays and I cannot seem to get the balance down.

Is there a secret I'm missing? Should I upgrade my mass sooner or just build more mass fabs? At what point should I upgrade the commander to gather more resources.

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
the resources to that game were very difficult for me to figure out at first (im a finance/math major aka I SHOULD know how to manage amounts of stuff) Once you figure out the numbers and how proximity affects the output its pretty easy. A big mistake I used to make was I would overbuild and then by the time I got my resources evened out my opponents would already be in my base killen my doodz.

Make damn sure you have your economy set before building up forces, otherwise youll get destroyed. Play the comp a few times until you get this down.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
You should drop a couple energy plants to get things going. Then a couple metal harvesters. Then start with some larger power plants while expanding your territory for more metal locations. Once you have a couple big plants up you can add a few metal convertors if you are still running into shortages, but be very carefull as the convertors are one of the biggest power drains in the game.