Well, I'm not sleeping tonight

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

will889

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2003
I have some bonafide Puerto Rican's next to me and they can seen to pack 5-15 people at all times and yeah they're noisy, but at least they're nice.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This is why I don't live in an apartment. My brick house should be fairly decent for isolating noisy neighbors. ;) Moving in next week!!! can't wait. Then I can do all the noise I want without worrying about waking up my parents.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Unless its going to be very obvious who called the police, I really don't see the point of knocking on a door and trying to be diplomatic, in an apartment or a house.

If the police show up at some point later, they will now always think you were the one that called them because you complained to them previously.

Best to keep it anonymous and later play dumb, that way you can keep them on a tight leash and call the police as much as is needed.

Redfraggle

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2009
Wow man, that sucks. Definitely talk to apt. management. I so don't miss apt. living. Start saving and buy a house or rent one with a known quiet individual.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Buy a cheap microwave, remove the magnetron from it and attach it to a dish to make it directional, aim it towards their appartment, wire it to your stove plug (you want to use the two straight blade connections, screw this silly low 120v stuff) and let it on. At least you can sleep peacefully knowing they're all going to die of cancer. Bonus points if it fries their sound system.

l0cke

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2005
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel
Buy a cheap microwave, remove the magnetron from it and attach it to a dish to make it directional, aim it towards their appartment, wire it to your stove plug (you want to use the two straight blade connections, screw this silly low 120v stuff) and let it on. At least you can sleep peacefully knowing they're all going to die of cancer. Bonus points if it fries their sound system.

Microwaves =! ionizing radiation.

But, it will sterilize them, so they can't reproduce.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I hate to sound like an ass but this is what you have to expect if you live in an apartment. Can't afford a house....tough shit. This is what you have to deal with until you can.

I'm lucky that my apartment complex is filled with a ton of older senior citizens and divorcees (i.e. no families). Nary a peep from any neighbor I've had in the nearly 2 years I've lived in the complex. In fact, I probably make the most noise of anyone with my guitar playing and HT setup.

Still, I can't wait to move into my own house. Preferably at the end of the street, so I can make as much noise as I want.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not joking here: If your neighbors can hear you for more than 10 seconds sustained at any time, day or night, you should be thrown into the ocean.

Seriously. The ocean. The part with sharks and stuff.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I'm not joking here: If your neighbors can hear you for more than 10 seconds sustained at any time, day or night, you should be thrown into the ocean.

Seriously. The ocean. The part with sharks and stuff.

agreed. glad i'm not the only one with low patience. the music is loud again tonight but tolerable.. i can just hear the boom boom of the subwoofer.

Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
I hate to sound like an ass but this is what you have to expect if you live in an apartment. Can't afford a house....tough shit. This is what you have to deal with until you can.

I'm lucky that my apartment complex is filled with a ton of older senior citizens and divorcees (i.e. no families). Nary a peep from any neighbor I've had in the nearly 2 years I've lived in the complex. In fact, I probably make the most noise of anyone with my guitar playing and HT setup.

Still, I can't wait to move into my own house. Preferably at the end of the street, so I can make as much noise as I want.

I can afford a house, but my job location is too unstable to buy. i can be moved anywhere anytime.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: l0cke
Originally posted by: RedSquirrel

Microwaves =! ionizing radiation.

But, it will sterilize them, so they can't reproduce.

That's probably less drain on society than if they got cancer.