Well, if T.D. Jakes likes him...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I truly abhor televangelists...save MAYBE for one...and that is T.D. Jakes. Sometimes while surfing the tube I come across his sermons, stop for a few minutes, and actually agree with what he has to say! In other words, he seems like he has a head on his shoulders, has principled ideas, and isn't grabbing for more money for his Jesus jet or something.

So, it's good to see at least one good pastor endorsing Obama.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Has Obama accepted his endorsement?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Love TD Jakes but gotta say after reading that article, the only explanation he gives for endorsing is because he is black. Thats sad.

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Has Obama accepted his endorsement?

I'd figure he would stay the hell away given how much trouble religious figures has been given him these past few months.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
Love TD Jakes but gotta say after reading that article, the only explanation he gives for endorsing is because he is black. Thats sad.

You would do well to read the whole article

I congratulate not just Sen. Obama on his victory, but the country on this landmark event that has shattered a past all too often filled with reasons to separate us as opposed to a voice of reason to unite us. The victory cup does not rest on the shoulders of the senator alone, but to all those who have been able to lift the conversation from petty racism, antiquated cut-throat politics, and fear-based campaigns to the larger issues of how we would like to see our country led into the future and ultimately how our country will be remembered.

Than said I am not crazy about TD Jakes. He isn't a money-grubbing TV Evangelist though.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: spittledip

I did. You must have missed the rest of it.

Even if I did miss the rest of it, that one little bit makes your statement false. In case you forgot, let me quote your statement again:

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

I did. You must have missed the rest of it.

Even if I did miss the rest of it, that one little bit makes your statement false. In case you forgot, let me quote your statement again:

I completely disagree. He says nothing about the issues.

Alkaline5

Jun 21, 2001
It seems to be less of an endorsement, and more of a commentary on the progression of racial equality since the 60's.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Alkaline5
It seems to be less of an endorsement, and more of a commentary on the progression of racial equality since the 60's.

Yeah, you are right.