Well I just went and worked out

Thanatopsis

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
which is something I've never done before. I did all the machines (they had about 10) 20 times each or so. I can hardly lift my arms now :). Anyway, my friend and I then ran for 10 min on the treadmill - when you get off those, it feels like you're walking on air. I walked past a guy and he called me "stoner". LOL - I looked in the mirror and I did look high (and no, I don't do drugs).

Now maybe people with think of me at high school as a big computer nerd instead of a scrawny one. :p

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Dude keep it up and in a year you will look so much better and be much stronger. You need to learn the right way to work out and diet is just as important as the training. Its not easy but the payoff is huge.

Thanatopsis

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
I do eat pretty well - McDonald's only once a week or less. Most of the time I eat home cooked meals and PB&J sandwiches.

They made us take a fitness class, so I think I know a little more than nothing (but not much more). Maybe strength training next year will help too.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tomorrow will be very painful. Pick yourself up a skin cream under the brand name "Myoflex". It's over the counter. It's pretty much tylenol or aspirin in a skin cream form. That should help relieve some of the pain;)

-GL

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yep I was about to give you the warning about tommorrow as well, and the advil suggestion, don't let it put you off too much though when tomorrow you need a cattle prod to wake up.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Also -

Don't lift the same muscle groups on consecutive days. In fact, only work the same muscle groups two, MAYBE three, times a week. You will be better results with rest too.

Do cardio on your off days.

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
Just get some potassium in you before and after you work out. That should take care of some of the soreness.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Stretch all the time! From my polevaulting coach, he said stretching after working out actually aids in building the muscles. Something like 60% benefits over not stretching. I stretch all the time, when I wake up, before I work out, during and after and before going to bed... sometimes even in the shower hehehe.

Oh, and yeah, potassium is good too, my body poorly regulates water, so I always get cramps and spasms.. potassium pills help.