Well, I just got promoted.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Not even the position I'd planned on applying for. Instead, I'm starting up the management chain. And I've only been 18 for a month now...Damn!

They scared the crap out of me, too. Took me away from my phone, said they needed "to talk to me about some stuff...You are Gregg Bishop, right?" Turns out they just wanted to offer me a MIT position.

Ah well, good enough for me. Within a few months I'll probably get to switch to a salaried position instead of hourly, which will mean a nice $5,000 raise. Cool!

And the best part? No more customer calls!!!

Viper GTS

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
congrats...I know the feeling. I recently got moved off the phones at our companies call center to handle all incoming emails and web questions. Feels good doesnt it? :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Promote me to the RT/10? What kinda crack you smokin'? The only good thing about the RT/10 is that you can go topless...Other than that the GTS'll kick it's ass from here to hell & back.

I'll take the GTS any day.

:)

Viper GTS

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Congrats, Viper GTS, just remember your sig. It's a necessity in management. :)

One thing to keep in mind. If you work a lot of overtime now, make sure the $5K raise will be sufficient to give you an actual raise. Sometimes places will give you a $5K raise, and you lose $4K in overtime, making it a small raise.

Best of luck in your new job!

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
What if I don't want to carry more than one girl? All I need is one seat, although the ability to go topless would be nice...

Viper GTS

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Congratulations, Viper GTS! Now if I could find a job...:)

-RSI

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
This is wonderful news! Apparently AnandTech is not the only place where you are regarded as "Elite." :)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
congrats... :p

of course i am still pining away... more like wasting away, but whatever...

i plan on going up the management chain too... school BS\BE--> work --> MBA --> work --> MS\ME --> work --> work. i am hoping to put dating and marriage somewhere in there ;)

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
Best of Luck, not with the job, but with getting the girls in the office to go topless. I've been trying in mine for 2 years, no luck...lol Enuf sh*t, congrats for real.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
MIT, huh? Hope you didn't have a life before, cause they're gonna want every ounce of you from now on. Maybe your place of employment is different, but all my friends/family who have gone into management hated it until they got through the "junior" stages.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Yeah, I know...They're going to work me. I have to work 8 10's in a row, since they want to change my schedule from where it is now. So instead of 1 PM to midnight Wed - Sat, I get to do 9 AM to 8 PM Sun - Wed. So... In the 31 hour period from 1 PM Saturday to 8 PM Sunday, I'll have been at work for 22 hours. Plus commute time. :(

But...After that it won't be so bad. I'll be working the mentor line, helping people out on calls that've stumped them. Plus I get to do call coachings, take supervisor calls, & do that kinda stuff.

I got to do a little of that today, & it was fun. Gets me off the phones, at least to customers, plus gets me started towards management which is what I wanted in the first place.

I'm not complainin' much.

:)

Viper GTS

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
So your on the management fast track, huh? Hope you know how to network. ;)

Congrats! Spend the extra cash wisely, don't think you could get a Viper yet. :)