Well....I finally did it. What you ask? I'm getting married.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Asked her over the weekend, of course she said yes, now it's on to the planning stage. No date set right now....wedding will be some time next summer. Of course I would like to just forgo the whole ceremony and pop off to Vegas then come back and have a huge reception/party.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Congratulations!

Give up on the Vegas idea right now. It won't work. No matter how many times I try, and no matter how many ways I suggest it, I get the evil eye. So we're headed to the (expensive) altar in January.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Congratulations!

Give up on the Vegas idea right now. It won't work. No matter how many times I try, and no matter how many ways I suggest it, I get the evil eye. So we're headed to the (expensive) altar in January.

I get no Vegas lovin either:(

She won't even go after we got married...

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Asked her over the weekend, of course she said yes, now it's on to the planning stage. No date set right now....wedding will be some time next summer. Of course I would like to just forgo the whole ceremony and pop off to Vegas then come back and have a huge reception/party.

:D:D

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: HotChic
Congrats! How'd you ask her? :)
it just popped out....I had been trying to think of some romantic way to do it...I had finally decided to go on a walk by the river and ask here at this really cool spot where the moon and stars reflect in a beautiful way and there are all these flowers around. Well....anyway we went to dinner and she was really tired and wanted to go home, she had been in school all week(working on her Masters) and then had to work a 12 hour shift Saturday. We ended up going home and I had decided to wait to ask her. I was disappointed and a bit relived that we had not gotten to the point of the proposal since I was WAY nervous about. What's that all about anyway? I knew she would say yes. Ok...back to story....anyway we were sitting around talking and just did that all night. Finally about 11pm we decided to go to bed. We were lying there, she rolled over and said "I really love you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world" The next thing I know the words "I love you more than you can ever imagine. Will you marry me?" Popped out of my mouth....I was stunned....she was stunned....then she said yes and I couldn't believe it had come out of my mouth. My plan went straight down the tubes. Oh well.....it's the end result that matters anyway.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Congrats man!

May I suggest a Sandal's Resort?.

A member here suggested that for my wedding and we went with it. Absolutely the best decision we could have made. Only planning we had was 15 minutes the day before we got married we had to show up to the marriage office - pick out our wedding location, the songs we wanted played, the type of cake we wanted, what we wanted for dinner that night, and what we wanted for breakfast in bed the next day.

I'd do it again the same exact way.

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
it just popped out....I had been trying to think of some romantic way to do it...I had finally decided to go on a walk by the river and ask here at this really cool spot where the moon and stars reflect in a beautiful way and there are all these flowers around. Well....anyway we went to dinner and she was really tired and wanted to go home, she had been in school all week(working on her Masters) and then had to work a 12 hour shift Saturday. We ended up going home and I had decided to wait to ask her. I was disappointed and a bit relived that we had not gotten to the point of the proposal since I was WAY nervous about. What's that all about anyway? I knew she would say yes. Ok...back to story....anyway we were sitting around talking and just did that all night. Finally about 11pm we decided to go to bed. We were lying there, she rolled over and said "I really love you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world" The next thing I know the words "I love you more than you can ever imagine. Will you marry me?" Popped out of my mouth....I was stunned....she was stunned....then she said yes and I couldn't believe it had come out of my mouth. My plan went straight down the tubes. Oh well.....it's the end result that matters anyway.

LOL////Way to go!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Congrats man!

A member here suggested that for my wedding and we went with it. Absolutely the best decision we could have made. Only planning we had was 15 minutes the day before we got married we had to show up to the marriage office - pick out our wedding location, the songs we wanted played, the type of cake we wanted, what we wanted for dinner that night, and what we wanted for breakfast in bed the next day.

Thanks....wish I could talk her into it. She's Episcopal, I call it Catholic Lite, so there's no way I'm getting out of an actual church wedding.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Thanks....wish I could talk her into it. She's Episcopal, I call it Catholic Lite, so there's no way I'm getting out of an actual church wedding.

Just come back for a blessing afterwards with family.

Seriously! :)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Sundog

LOL////Way to go!
I'm just lucky I managed to aviod a big DOH after I realized it had come out and ruined my plans.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Congrats man!

That looks like a really nice idea, but wouldn't it make it tough for family and friends to attend?

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Congratulations!

I get no Vegas lovin either:(

She won't even go after we got married...

My wife is the same way. So I'm going with some friends in September :beer:

Originally I wanted my bachelor party to be a trip to Vegas. Unfortunately my best man was "forbidden" to go by his fiancee :confused:

Anyhow, congrats Shinerburke. I'm sure you'll be happy together.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Of course I would like to just forgo the whole ceremony and pop off to Vegas then come back and have a huge reception/party.

Keep dreaming. People around here plop down around $100K on their wedding...

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Kevin
Of course I would like to just forgo the whole ceremony and pop off to Vegas then come back and have a huge reception/party.

Keep dreaming. People around here plop down around $100K on their wedding...
Thus proving that you Yankees are insane.

;)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Just come back for a blessing afterwards with family.

Seriously! :)
Good idea....I'll have to search through the rules and regs to see if the Episcopals will allow that.