Well after a little over a week, I realize I'm lonely without a dog.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Christobevii3
Altered is good! I don't enjoy waking up to a dog humping me

My buddy Brutus still had his nuts and he only tried to hump me once. But he was GREAT that way, if he did something wrong ONE time all I had to do was tell him and he NEVER did it again. When he was a pup I sat a beer down on the floor one day and he helped himself. I scolded him, and he NEVER would touch beer again. Same thing with a pizza one time. I let the room with a pizza box with in reach and when I came back he had gotten into it. I scolded him and made him sit in the corner for a time out for about a half hour. Well I wasn't going to eat the two pieces he had gotten into after he had munched on them, so after a hour or so I tried to give them to him. NO WAY, he would touch them, maybe he thought it was a trick or something. I eventually put the two pieces in his dog bowl, but the next day, there they still sat. I eventually just had to throw them out.

He was an AMAZING dog, I kid you not. He NEVER dug holes, barked, chewed stuff up (With the exception with ONE set of headphones and one house plant when he was very young) or cashed cats. He when out into the street ONE time and never again after I scolded him. He would ALWAYS wait for me to cross the street and then he would walk right along side me, he LOVED everyone and everyone loved him.

I doubt that I will EVER find another as good as he was, but I DO need a new pal.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Ohhh, Dave! I haven't been around lately, didn't realize you'd lost Brutus. I'm so sorry - I know he was your best bud. He definitely had the best life a dog could ask for though (I don't know anybody else who actually shares ice cream cones with their dog) and giving a new dog a home as great as that would be a fabulous way to honor Brutus' memory. Berkeley looks like a sweetie! That tongue is just begging for an ice cream cone to share.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic
Ohhh, Dave! I haven't been around lately, didn't realize you'd lost Brutus. I'm so sorry - I know he was your best bud. He definitely had the best life a dog could ask for though (I don't know anybody else who actually shares ice cream cones with their dog) and giving a new dog a home as great as that would be a fabulous way to honor Brutus' memory. Berkeley looks like a sweetie! That tongue is just begging for an ice cream cone to share.

Thanks Paige (Hope I spelled your name right).

I had to put him down on the 22nd.
It been a HARD week or so since then. I still break down a few times a day. Can't see all that well right now in fact.

I have made this post about what happened as well as a few other posts, mostly seeking moral support. A few too many if you ask some people on here. :(

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
I am sorry for your loss Brutuskend... I too have lost friends along the way.
There is no shame or guilt to be felt for needing a new pal so soon... it would pay great homage to your love for and the memory of Brutus
to give another dog a chance at a great life like he had...

Remember how much Brutus hated to see you sad or down? :)

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

It been a HARD week or so since then. I still break down a few times a day.

It's been over 2 years now since I lost my last mate... but he was my best mate ever... and to this day... right now in fact... I shed tears for my lost friend.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Sorry about your loss, Brutuskend... I'm glad you've found a new friend. Any updates? More pics? Or did you decide against getting him?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Sorry about your loss, Brutuskend... I'm glad you've found a new friend. Any updates? More pics? Or did you decide against getting him?

Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself... I hope Brutuskend brought Berkley home.

I had to put my old pal Indy, my friend of over 12 years down, last 7-11-05. And my favorite dog ever... the lovely Deedee before that who I had for an even longer time.

I still well up thinking about my old dogs but my new friend Kaydee has helped me recover... she didn't replace my old pals but she is already making her own place in my heart. I got so lucky finding her. :heart:

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
This guy looks to be right up my ally.

I kind of wanted another puppy since I did such a good job of training my last dog, but who am I kidding, that was also almost 12 years ago and I really don't think I have the energy today that I had back then.

Everyone needs someone loyal to them regardless.

granolagirl

Mar 3, 2005
It been a HARD week or so since then. I still break down a few times a day. Can't see all that well right now in fact. I have made this post about what happened as well as a few other posts, mostly seeking moral support.
Sorry to hear about your loss :( , sounds like Brutus was one AMAZING dog (and friend)
rose.gif

A few too many if you ask some people on here. :(
wow, some people here sure are *#%&!# :thumbsdown:

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: granolagirl
It been a HARD week or so since then. I still break down a few times a day. Can't see all that well right now in fact. I have made this post about what happened as well as a few other posts, mostly seeking moral support.
Sorry to hear about your loss :( , sounds like Brutus was one AMAZING dog (and friend)
rose.gif

A few too many if you ask some people on here. :(
wow, some people here sure are *#%&!# :thumbsdown:

Ain't that the truth? Especially because I went looking through everything Brutuskend has posted in the last few weeks to find his dog threads (since the search wasn't working) and I happened to notice that he posted hundreds of times between dog threads, not even considering his thousands of posts contributing to the community here. Most of the old regulars who built the base of this place as an online community have fallen away, but Brutuskend is one of the few who is still here and still contributing as much as he always has. I'd think even the *#%&!# could tolerate a few personal posts.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Adopting dogs is a great way to go. Not only are you saving it, but those dogs generally tend to have more personality, at least in my experience.

CombatChuk

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Christobevii3
Altered is good! I don't enjoy waking up to a dog humping me

My buddy Brutus still had his nuts and he only tried to hump me once. But he was GREAT that way, if he did something wrong ONE time all I had to do was tell him and he NEVER did it again. When he was a pup I sat a beer down on the floor one day and he helped himself. I scolded him, and he NEVER would touch beer again. Same thing with a pizza one time. I let the room with a pizza box with in reach and when I came back he had gotten into it. I scolded him and made him sit in the corner for a time out for about a half hour. Well I wasn't going to eat the two pieces he had gotten into after he had munched on them, so after a hour or so I tried to give them to him. NO WAY, he would touch them, maybe he thought it was a trick or something. I eventually put the two pieces in his dog bowl, but the next day, there they still sat. I eventually just had to throw them out.

He was an AMAZING dog, I kid you not. He NEVER dug holes, barked, chewed stuff up (With the exception with ONE set of headphones and one house plant when he was very young) or cashed cats. He when out into the street ONE time and never again after I scolded him. He would ALWAYS wait for me to cross the street and then he would walk right along side me, he LOVED everyone and everyone loved him.

I doubt that I will EVER find another as good as he was, but I DO need a new pal.

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but go get Berkeley man! He looks extremely playful...

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
have you considered a cat instead?
there is a guy in another thread tryign to get rid of six kittens

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: HotChic

Thanks Paige (Hope I spelled your name right).

It been a HARD week or so since then. I still break down a few times a day. Can't see all that well right now in fact.

I have made this post about what happened as well as a few other posts, mostly seeking moral support. A few too many if you ask some people on here. :(

Those of us who have a best friend in a dog, we feel for you and wish you the best of luck in acquiring this new buddy!!

thirdeye

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
www.davewalter.net
Good luck with finding a new friend. I'm so glad we adopted our second dog. It makes my wife and I happy to know we were able to give our puppy a good life he may not have had otherwise.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
have you considered a cat instead?
there is a guy in another thread tryign to get rid of six kittens

As much as I am a cat fan, I just can't see Brutuskend not having a dog in the long run...