Well after a little over a week, I realize I'm lonely without a dog.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
This guy looks to be right up my ally.

I kind of wanted another puppy since I did such a good job of training my last dog, but who am I kidding, that was also almost 12 years ago and I really don't think I have the energy today that I had back then.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

I kind of wanted another puppy since I did such a good job of training my last dog, but who am I kidding, that was also almost 12 years ago and I really don't think I have the energy today that I had back then.
Berkley looks like a great dog. I had an adopted adult black lab and she was the best dog I've ever owned.

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
hope you find another mate man. it sucks, my brother had to deal with this too for about 5 years. he lost his golden retriever to a fkkn runner in the back yard (dog hung its self in it :( ) finally last yr he got another retriever ,great dog. :)

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
lol, I love how they put it "This pet has been altered."

Seriously, when our last dog passed, we didn't last two weeks without getting another. Just to weird not always having a little guy to come home to.

thoro86

Banned
Jun 8, 2006
Yeah I'mt thinking to get a dog and a cat from SPCA.... Just don't have money yet to raise 'em...

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
If you decide you want a puppy, we picked up our Yellow Lab Sam from a breeder not far from Eugene a couple years ago. You're right about the time though, and the lab/rot you linked looks like a cool dog.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Do it. Save the dog and you get a friend in return. I got both my current pooches as young adults and did not miss the puppy phase at all. Yeah, they're cute at that age, but it's a pleasure not to constantly clean-up after them and keep chewables out of reach.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Where are you OP? Hellooo.

I bet he's picking up the dog and will be posting pics later :D

Your an old softie Brutuskend ;) I bet your new buddy goes nuts looking for the other guy.
Snif-Snif...Where is he master? while wagging tail the whole time. Joy in the house tonight for sure.

...Galvanized, dog lover.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Do it. Save the dog and you get a friend in return. I got both my current pooches as young adults and did not miss the puppy phase at all. Yeah, they're cute at that age, but it's a pleasure not to constantly clean-up after them and keep chewables out of reach.

Correct. My puppy took the earpieces off my headphones a few days ago and last night just went ahead and chewed through the wire. So anyone want a pair of headphones without padding that dont plug in?

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

Save him, Brutuskend.:thumbsup:

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Excellent! :beer:

I hope you get him... he looks like a cool one. And that "second chance" stuff has me worried... it's good of you to give him a new home. :thumbsup: