WEIRED thing about my samsung 955df -- it's shaking. Help pls!!!!!

piginspring

Jul 12, 2001
i got my samsung 955df from Dell. at first few days, it worked very well. then sth happened. when i set the resolution as 1280x1024@75Hz, it became shaking(not blinking!)!!! but if i set the refresh rate at 60Hz or adaptor default(lower refresh rate), it's only blinking but NOT shaking. at first, i thought it might be due to the unstable voltage. so i pluged my old NEC FE-700. though it's blinking at high resolution, it's not shaking at all. really got lost on this. can anyone help me out? thx.
my system specs:
Epox 8k7a
Athlon 1.2G
Crucial 256M DDR
Voodoo3 2000 AGP
Samsung 955DF
Maxtor 7200 20G HD

gadhero

Jun 22, 2001
Do you have a flourescent tube light near your monitor? If so, that can cause your monitor to shake if it's on. I had the same problem with my Acer moniter and realized the tube light was causing the problem, so I just moved the light a little further away. And it would happen at any refresh rate too.

Hope that helps.
gadhero

piginspring

Jul 12, 2001

<< Do you have a flourescent tube light near your monitor? If so, that can cause your monitor to shake if it's on. I had the same problem with my Acer moniter and realized the tube light was causing the problem, so I just moved the light a little further away. And it would happen at any refresh rate too.

Hope that helps.
gadhero
>>

piginspring

Jul 12, 2001

<< Do you have a flourescent tube light near your monitor? If so, that can cause your monitor to shake if it's on. I had the same problem with my Acer moniter and realized the tube light was causing the problem, so I just moved the light a little further away. And it would happen at any refresh rate too.

Hope that helps.
gadhero
>>

thx a lot. but there's no tube light in my room. the strange thing is if i set the refresh rate very low(60Hz), it's only blinking but NOT shaking. or if i set the refresh rate enough high, say 100Hz, it also can work fine.

vlieps

Jun 15, 2000
Did You degauss Your monitor (there is a degauss or demagnetisation function somewhere in the menu). That helped here with our monitor - the same model.

Big Lar

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Maybe try reinstalling the .inf for the monitor again, if it were my monitor and i installed again, and it did that, I would give it a sharp whack to the side of the case to straighten it out,( seriously), but I am not implying that you should. I had an Iiyama that showed a vertical line in it after installation, and it said right in the manual to whack it 1/ I did, it went away/ just my .02

EdipisReks

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2000
do you have a power transformer (the type used for printers and speakers, etc) near your computer)? anything that is producing em radiation can screw with your monitor.

--jacob