• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Weird video problem/question

DBissett

Sep 29, 2000
This morning I installed the new Catalyst drivers. Now, when I maximize some webpages, like AnandTech's homepage, there are about 1" margins on the left and right of the screen. On AT's homepage I'm seeing like half the text of what I think are ads, on both sides of the screen, that are different. On some webpages the margins are blank. I have 20" monitors rotated to portrait so the margins measure about an inch. On other webpages, for example the AT Forums I'm looking at now, there are no margins....the graphics/text go to the edge of the screen. I don't remember the images looking like this until I updated the Catalyst drivers this morning, which I've reinstalled just to see if I did something wrong. Are other folks seeing margins on AT's homepage, or is something weird going on on this machine? Thanks.

DBissett

Sep 29, 2000
OK, so I took a look at the homepage on a landscape monitor and apparently the Gigabyte visual assault is supposed to be there, since these gawdawful banners are completely visible surrounding AT's homepage. So my question turns to a complaint....this is TOO MUCH, GAWDY, INYOURFACE advertising to look at. Only solution is guess to avoid this assault is to bookmark the forums and avoid the homepage altogether, or maybe to have some sunglasses handy. More than a little irritating and, frankly, AT shouldn't put viewers through this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY