Weird thing happened at the Bank

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
I went to the bank to deposit my check from work. All I should have gotten in return was a filled copy of the deposit slip in an envelope. Instead, I recieved an envelope filled with $100 bills and the driver's license of the guy next to me (worked for the Park District).

Needless to say I was a little surprised. Good thing I stopped to check what was in that envelope before I took off though.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
you did give it to the guy, right?

I told the bank they messed up. It wouldnt do me much good to drive off with it, considering they had my name, address, and phone number from the deposit slip.

No :camera:, forgot my digital camera.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
When do ATMs spit out envelopes with deposit slips? Or was this at a bank teller? If you did goto a person, why the hell didn't they notice a envelope filled with 100's and a drivers license????

Sex Smurf

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3

I told the bank they messed up. It wouldnt do me much good to drive off with it, considering they had my name, address, and phone number from the deposit slip.

and you DID give it back, right?

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003

Yeah if you took off they could have called the cops on you.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: eelw
When do ATMs spit out envelopes with deposit slips? Or was this at a bank teller? If you did goto a person, why the hell didn't they notice a envelope filled with 100's and a drivers license????

It was the drive up teller.

Originally posted by: Sex Smurf

yes.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Same thing has happened to my mother at the bank. She wanted to withdraw $100, and did so at the drive-thru teller. Instead the teller gave her $1000. She drove off without checking the envelope. After seeing all the money, she promptly drove back and the mistake was corrected.

The strange thing is that the teller didn't seem to be bothered by this mishap...

R

Sex Smurf

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2004

It was the drive up teller.

Originally posted by: Sex Smurf

yes.

good man. :cookie:

Went to the Home show this past weekend and when i got up to the ticket booth, the lady gave me $12 + my 2 tickets. I handed her a $20 but she refused it! I had to explain to her that I didn't pay. She put her face in her hands and her head on the desk - quite funny and we both had a laugh.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002

You sound like you wouldn't have given it back if the bank didn't have your info

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: OulOat

You sound like you wouldn't have given it back if the bank didn't have your info

Considering those kinds of things would dampen my future career in Law Enforcement, im not about to break the law. I would have turned it in even if I drove up and saw the envelope already sitting in there.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002

Considering those kinds of things would dampen my future career in Law Enforcement, im not about to break the law. I would have turned it in even if I drove up and saw the envelope already sitting in there.

It's good that you would turn it in no matter what, but I just find it disturbing that there has to be a law to enforce what any moral person would do naturally.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

and the dumbass of the day award, goes to....

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com

It's good that you would turn it in no matter what, but I just find it disturbing that there has to be a law to enforce what any moral person would do naturally.

Agreed. I was just bringing up the point that even if I went against my morals and took the money, I wouldnt have gotten very far anyways.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003

Most "moral" people wouldn't slit someones throat either, but we have laws against that. Isn't that the reason we have laws?