WEIRD TEMPS WITH ASUS!! PLEASE HELP!!

DragonReborn

Oct 17, 2001
I am using a heavily cooled system (4 120 mm panaflo and 3 80 mm Panaflo--one of which over the CPU). I have a newly installed swiftech MCX-462 with a Panaflo L1A (can't stand too much noise). My case temps (from mobo monitor 5) says it is about 25C in there which I guess is good yet it says my idle temps are 49 (XP1900+@1921MHz). Even when I had it down to 1200 MHz it still said it was runnin at about 45-47 idle. I have an ASUS-A7V266-e and I have heard that its temp readings are sometimes higher (more accurate than others). Lastly, the last heatsink on there had a thermal adheasive pad and there was some pink gunk still left on the cpu. Me being excited, I quickly took off as much as I could and spread some AS3 over it and installed the heatsink. Big mistake? If so, how do I clean it? So, lastly, my question is this: are my temps way off? Too high? Normal for the MCX-462 with a Panaflo L1A on an ASUS board??? OK, I lied, now lastly, what should I use to burn in the overclock and is 1921 MHz ok? THANKS!!!