Weird problem with x-fi software

Jul 15, 2005
For some reason this morning out of no where my creative software quit working. You know how in the creative media player you can select mixer then it will go to the sound controls and stuff, well now when I click that it will only go to the old windows style of sound control. If I go try to open up any of the x-fi software in start menu it says "The current selected audio device is not supported by the application. Do you want to select another audio device now?" if I hit yes it says "The creative audio device selection module cannot be launced. The module may be missing from your system. You may need to reinstall your application. So I reinstalled everything and still having the same problem. Anyone have any clue as to why my computer hates me?

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Is the audigy selected as the default device in multimedia and sound properties in control panel?

And is the onboard audio still enabled in the bios perhaps? If you updates your BIOS or reset the CMOS it could have defaulted back to on.

Jul 15, 2005
In the control panel I checked 'sounds and audio devices' and everything is set to my x-fi as default. I think it happened after I switched my bios video settings, I have dual video cards/monitors and I switched it to two cards instead of one to play some games. When I booted back up it was messed up.

Jul 15, 2005
lol it appears my computer is a bit confused I switched it back to 1 video card and it works fine now. I've been switching it back and forth for months and this is the first time this has happened.

Jul 15, 2005
I went back into my bios put it back on 2 video cards and it's messed up again. So I guess when I want to play games I can't have the fancy settings for my speakers.