weird printer issue, advice? (Solved!)

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a Lexmark CS310N. Its a color laser, its great, at least when it warm in the room..... let me explain.

When the room is warm it work fine, 100%, no problems, sometimes it take one warm up page thats screwed up but after that if room is warm its good to go for as many pages as i want to print. But when the room temp is low like below 10C i get a weird issue where the toner wont stick in lines, like ill get a splotchy looking line or two down the middle of the page with no print/color. And sometimes this splotchy line of missed print will not leave any toner on the page and will print on the next page over top of whatever was supposed to be on second page. This happend both on black and color prints. Sometimes it will work cold but not often, id say 80% no good when cold.

Printer is not new its years old, im on my third black toner and first full toner for each color i just burned through the included not full color toners a few months ago. All toners are currently above 90% full.

Anyone have any ideas?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
What is the relative humidity in the room? We have trouble with our color laser at work when the humidity drops below a certain point. Also what media are you trying to print too when this happens? Regular paper or something else?

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What is the relative humidity in the room? We have trouble with our color laser at work when the humidity drops below a certain point. Also what media are you trying to print too when this happens? Regular paper or something else?

not sure will measure humidity and get back to you. just Regular laser paper i think its a little heavy but if memory serves its just 90 or so brightness and 22 or 24lb weight.

Six

Feb 29, 2000
Update firmware first. Test.
If needed, set paper type to heavy or something like that.
If all else fails, change the fuser temperature to high.