Jul 18, 2004
I was a bit worried through most the post... then I got to this:
"He met his girl friend on World of Warcraft or some other game"

Now I'm not even surprised.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
wtf is the point of this thread?

No... you're the only person who goes to high school with people who don't act according to accepted social norms. :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
yeah, when I was in high school I totally would have made fun of that guy.

but really, who cares... life is short, why be a dick to him just because he lives his life differently than you live yours, as long as he s not harming anyone.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: AbAbber2k
wtf is the point of this thread?

No... you're the only person who goes to high school with people who don't act according to accepted social norms. :roll:

You're in off topic... if you're looking for a point then you need to go to an area where one is expected. Otherwise KWITCHERBITCHIN

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I try not to think back on a lot of them. We had a few interesting characters that have moved on since HS. Most of them have ended up with numerous progeny since then. Most apples there didn't fall far from the tree.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: MovingTarget
I try not to think back on a lot of them. We had a few interesting characters that have moved on since HS. Most of them have ended up with numerous progeny since then. Most apples there didn't fall far from the tree.
I've been out of HS a little over ten years now. I havent met anybody in that time. Only one other guy in my class joined the Navy and I never saw him after we got on the bus.
Never had kids so I wouldnt know if apples fall far from trees or not. Everyone thought I was the biggest nerd in school and had no common sense and wouldnt be eaten alive if I got more than a mile from my house.

After I got back from Kosovo the Navy sent me to Advanced Electronics school. That led to me working at a VLF transmitter site in Iceland and then an experimental weapons station in the Mojave Desert.
When I got discharged I found a job at a microchip fab. Am about to finish my degree and be a manager/engineer within the next 6 months.
All this before I'm 30.

You can judge people however you like, but high school is NOT life. And life is what actually gives someone character.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Xylitol
There's this kid named _____ Nguyen but he "code names" himself ______ Hawking
He hits people with an umbrella during class
He carries a styrofoam sword wherever he goes
He calls himself the "Prince of Araweraawera(sp?)"
He met his girl friend on World of Warcraft or some other game

I decided to facebook him just to see what it looked like
and I found this

Back from my 2 week vacation

See Daniel's Profile?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Didn't have any Nguyens when I went to high school, (before the Vietnamese refugee invasion) but we had plenty of fucking wierd people just the same. However, that was during the days when schools tried to enforce dress and hair codes, so someone like that would have just been sent home.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
People like that are so original and such free spirits. And they must be happy cuz they always laugh so loud and emphatically.

:roll:

Attention whores can kiss my ass.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Confusednewbie1552
Originally posted by: warmodder
He's wearing a garbage bag with popped collar... :confused:

That kids a genius, this guy should be on project runway...

Or a Zoolander sequel, modeling "Derelique"...

I agree with the sentiment that he'll shoot up the school someday.