Weird Mashed Potato question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Kenazo
you don't have Kinder Eggs either, I understand.

Other differences (probably not the same for all of the US):

Canada US
Roof Ruff
Creek Crick

we don't have kinder eggs, thanks for reminding me.. I wonder if I order 'em now they'll be here by easter.. eh.. worth a shot..

eastern shore virginia says.. roof.. =.. not ruff.. =.. damn, I can never figure out how to type how that sounds.. and.. sayin' roof = hoof works for me but rarely does for anyone else.. roof.. the oo sound in a normal word everyone says it like that.. oo.. la la la.. think think.. foot.
roof = the oo in foot.. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say foot in a way that wouldn't make that particular oo sound.. but it goes farther than that, room also = the oo in foot..

not very many people in us say creek = crick.. I don't think I've ever heard anyone not on tv or in a movie say "crick"...

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Kenazo
So, my father in law seems to like to exagerate things and tell stories. He's trying to tell me that Americans don't have mashed potatoes, I called shenanigans on him, and so I figured I'd come to my wonderful source of all trivial knowledge. Do you americans ever eat mashed potatoes?

yes.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Yeah..forgot to add...I love potatoes A LOT. Ill eat them, cooked any way possible.

The Irish is strong with me.