Weird browser behavior, Chrome, and FF. IE ok.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
So I have been dealing with this weird problem, that I cannot determine whether hardware or software related.

I first noticed this when clicking on a drop down box, it would immediately collapse. I then hovered over an image, and the alt-text would cycle at a consistent rate.

It almost seemed like there were keyboard commands being polled, even though I was not pressing keys.

Even more strangely, none of these problems manifested in IE, and it was only web forms that suffered.

As far as hardware, my mouse is Logitech (G9x), and has their bloatware installed. KB is a Rosewill mechanical, with no bloatware installed.

Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are up to date. I am on the fence with Windows 10 upgrade, but considering I have been using IE more now that I have this problem which only affects the hipster browsers, I am inclined to remember that Microsoft knows what they are doing.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
As far as hardware, my mouse is Logitech (G9x), and has their bloatware installed.

This could be your problem. Maybe the driver doesn't interact with the other browsers. You shouldn't need their driver. Windows should pick it right up. PnP. It's worth a shot.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
unplug the keyboard and try again?
these rosewill keyboards have bad wiring.

I will try that thanks. I have noticed the backlighting will stay on even after shutting the computer down, after random intervals. I chalked it up to Rosewill being a garbage brand, and have had very few complaints with it otherwise.

I used to have problems with Youtube videos turning the volume down if I hovered over the volume slider, which again made me believe it was a KB problem. That has gone away, but the random backlighting, and dropdowns not working have been persistent.

Never had this problem before ditching my Logitech G510 for the Rosewill Mech. Have had the G9x for over 5 years now, no problems there.