Weird: Blood in Visa commercial? *pic added*

Mar 15, 2003
Wacky indeed - I tivo-ed a show and one of the commercials featured our Olympic volley ball team members playing v-ball in alaska... I thought I saw something odd so I rewound the commercial and hit pause- there's a flash frame of one of the player's stomach?s with blood on it.. Weird!

Here's a bad screen grab (sorry, I used a digital camera - pic )

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I haven't seen the commercial, but from recent experiences showing blood in relation to sports players is not taboo anymore. It's showing how tough and willing to deal with pain in order to win they are. It's common now.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
I haven't seen the commercial, but from recent experiences showing blood in relation to sports players is not taboo anymore. It's showing how tough and willing to deal with pain in order to win they are. It's common now.

Well, the commercial is kinda tongue in cheek and definately "lite.".. it's rather odd if you ask me, especially since the shot is so short.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
probably wasnt on purpose.. i play vball and its not that uncommon to cut something on the court.. indoors or outdoors

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
probably wasnt on purpose.. i play vball and its not that uncommon to cut something on the court.. indoors or outdoors

it's really not though .. . . . .well indoors if you have proper protection.....i play three times a week and i've never cut anything open, twisted my ankle a few to many times though!@

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
maybe you dont play super competitivly? i played division 2 NCAA etc, etc, etc. we all got banged up pretty decently. my hips have permanent marks/scars on them from diving. bad enough that whenever i get a phsyical the doc asks what they are.

Mar 15, 2003

but it's a commercial.. They could have edited it out if it wasn't on purpose

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212

but it's a commercial.. They could have edited it out if it wasn't on purpose

maybe they didnt notice.

new2AMD

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
The commercial is about the beach volleyballers playing in the winter in order to get ready for the olympics. It is showing how tough they are. Its a quick flash of a cut and some blood shown after she dives for a ball in ice and snow while wearing a bikini.

Whats the problem?

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: new2AMD
The commercial is about the beach volleyballers playing in the winter in order to get ready for the olympics. It is showing how tough they are. Its a quick flash of a cut and some blood shown after she dives for a ball in ice and snow while wearing a bikini.

Whats the problem?

Winner.