Weight lifting: My left arm is smaller and weaker than the right arm. What to do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
I have had the same problem best thing to do is start using your left arm more (opening doors, turning handles, etc.) you need to make that mental muscle connection in order to be able to workout the muscle more proficiently.

Hope this helps,

Whispered

you dumb bastard

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I have had the same problem best thing to do is start using your left arm more (opening doors, turning handles, etc.) you need to make that mental muscle connection in order to be able to workout the muscle more proficiently.

Hope this helps,

Whispered

wwybywb

made an account just to bump a 2001 thread? :confused:

Mar 22, 2002
One of the best ways to correct size differences is to use dumbbells. If you're doing bench press, match the weight and number of reps for both arms. So if your small arm nearly fails at 5 reps, stop with the other arm at 5 reps as well. If you don't, you'll propagate the problem. If you're really that curious about other possible solutions, visit the AT Health and Fitness forums.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Really?!?! NINE FUCKING YEARS OLD?!?! This fucker should be banned and lynched.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001

Hope this helps,

Whispered

I tried that for a day once. You don't realize just how much more strength/stamina your dominant arm has until you use your weaker arm exclusively. My left arm was pretty tired at the end of the day even though I was only doing normal stuff.

Try it for a day. It's pretty fun. :D

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Really?!?! NINE FUCKING YEARS OLD?!?! This fucker should be banned and lynched.

It certainly seems there should be a way to prevent this, after a certain period of time(2yrs?) threads should automatically be locked

And I don't get what the big deal is, why is it so taboo to resurect an old thread? If it's such a big deal why even keep the old threads, delete them

Status
Not open for further replies.