Weekly Stats - 27MAY2018

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I am confident you have this beat Mark!

In much sadder news, 3 weeks ago a co-worker, as usual, participated in a Marathon. A few days later he went in for some sort of out-patient procedure, but they instead sent him home with Stage 4 cancer, which immediately began to spread to other areas, and in just two weeks, this extremely fit, active, 28 year old man is dead. It's unbelievable.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

In much sadder news, 3 weeks ago a co-worker, as usual, participated in a Marathon. A few days later he went in for some sort of out-patient procedure, but they instead sent him home with Stage 4 cancer, which immediately began to spread to other areas, and in just two weeks, this extremely fit, active, 28 year old man is dead. It's unbelievable.

Very sad, even more so when they are so young, and have barely lived life at all (St. Jude children commercials are tough to watch) .

No matter what the age is, nobody is ever guaranteed a tomorrow. :(

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002

This is exactly why I focus virtually all my computing on F@H and WCG or Rosetta. They are all focused on cancer, the "last frontier" IMO in medicine. I am sure other medical things need attention, but cancer more than anything. Being (almost) a survivor, I can appreciate more than almost anyone what its like to beat it, or have it,.

indydude345

Nov 5, 2016
Nope, no finals. Just been working a lot and trying to keep up with new game releases! But when that PrimeGrid event comes up, I'll sure be on that!

Reactions: Ken g6

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
This is exactly why I focus virtually all my computing on F@H and WCG or Rosetta. They are all focused on cancer, the "last frontier" IMO in medicine. I am sure other medical things need attention, but cancer more than anything. Being (almost) a survivor, I can appreciate more than almost anyone what its like to beat it, or have it,.

I would add GPUGrid to that list. It's very similar to F@H.

Glad you are close to beating cancer Mark! :)

Reactions: TennesseeTony

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I also want to add that I will be seeing @IEC and @petrusbroder here in just a few more weeks.

I figured I'd give both of you fair warning to get that production going again. ;)

Stats.jpg

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
What is with free-dc stats for WCG ? They have been zero for over a week now.

Here: https://stats.free-dc.org/team/bwcg/16700

I don't know of any other team stats for WCG that are adjusted to BOINC points.
In the top right corner, it says "Data Updated : Wed May 23, 15:11:20 2018 BST".

And the graphs of the older site style are 0 since May 24 inclusive:
https://stats3.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=bwcg

A possible hint from the FB sprints thread:
Back in April, this link worked for me, just like that. But now it requires authorization by username + password (which are unknown to me). Perhaps stats-free-dc don't have these new credentials. Or it is a mistake in the WCG webserver configuration.

Oh, wait, attempting to access this URL without authorization give an error page with a link to their FAQ:
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=api

The FAQ says it's because EU GDPR. Free-DC need to get in touch with WCG and get into an agreement with them.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
BTW, user PLS2725 on our team is a friend of mine. He is currently contributor number 3 on our team !

111th place and rising fast !

Also, I hit 6 billion a little while ago, but didn;t post it.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I also want to add that I will be seeing @IEC and @petrusbroder here in just a few more weeks.

I figured I'd give both of you fair warning to get that production going again. ;)

Stats.jpg

I'm in a holding pattern until after my licensing exam and my move in ~3 weeks. So you will likely pass me before I can get settled into my new place and resume DC activities.

Reactions: UsandThem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'm in a holding pattern until after my licensing exam and my move in ~3 weeks. So you will likely pass me before I can get settled into my new place and resume DC activities.

We can pick up the challenge again in the future once you get settled in life. :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004

Stats.jpg
You'll pass me in a couple of weeks. I am happy with that, because I have other goals just now. I'll start folding again after the summer ... and will put on the full monte in November .... ;)

Reactions: UsandThem

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
All of the 3rd Party stats sites are waiting on WCG from implementing their new security services to allow us access to the xml (as well as API) data. I requested it last friday and they have acknowledged.

Thanks for stopping and letting us know what is up. Appreciate all you guys do for the DC community.:cool:

Markfw

May 16, 2002
All of the 3rd Party stats sites are waiting on WCG from implementing their new security services to allow us access to the xml (as well as API) data. I requested it last friday and they have acknowledged.
Thanks for the update. Any ETA on when we might have stats ?