Wedding gift for my bro and his wife

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
July 6th is their wedding date and I'm interested in purchasing tickets for their honeymoon. Issue is I dont know where they would want to go and when they would be available. So I was thinking of getting a gift certificate from orbitz or expedia. However, im not sure if they have such a thing. has anyone done anything similar?

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
1. Ask your brother where he plans on going for the honeymoon.
2. Purchase tickets to that destination.
3. ???
4. Profit

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: hypn0tik
3. ???
4. Profit

no its a surprise

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: LuckyTaxi
3. ???
4. Profit

no its a surprise

Asking him casually on what he plans to do for his honeymoon wouldn't give anything away.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
3. ???
4. Profit

no its a surprise

shouldn't they already have a honeymoon planned? You want to send them on another one? :confused:

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: darkxshade
3. ???
4. Profit

no its a surprise

shouldn't they already have a honeymoon planned? You want to send them on another one? :confused:

quite possible but im sure they can go on a couple ;)

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
This is something you cannot do. A, ticket prices are going increase closer to the date and availability goes out the window. B, he and is bride will get strip searched by the TSA doing a same day ticket.

This stuff requires planning. So either you work with him or get something else. You could work with your future sister-in-law and it be a surprise to your brother. But it must be done in advance before the wedding. They also have to work in where to stay, a rental car, and other details (like what to pack or not pack).

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Originally posted by: darkxshade
3. ???
4. Profit

no its a surprise

quite possible but im sure they can go on a couple ;)

This is a disaster waiting to happen. :laugh:

What if the wife likes the one you planned more than the one your borhter planned? She'll start thinking he doesn't care as much as you. I can just picture it.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Just give them money.

I agree. Give them money along with a note or card saying that they can put it towards their honeymoon. In all likelihood they've already bought the tickets, so the money can be placed towards expenses incurred on the trip or something else.

You can also give them a few things to take along the trip, like a travel book or luggage.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I know my local travel agencies have travel gift certificates. I got my extended family to give me money, then went down to the local travel agency and got my parents a gift certificate for their 25th several years ago. Since then my brother and I have gotten them for graduation presents, and they seem fairly common in my family now for xmas/b-day presents.

Even if they don't use it for their honeymoon, they can keep it around for an anniversary, or to visit family around the holidays.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Just give them money.

Yea since they're spending $30k for a wedding i think $2k would be helpful

Yes, if they're spending $30k on a wedding, it will.
<-- Got married last year

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Originally posted by: MrChad
Just give them money.

I agree. Give them money along with a note or card saying that they can put it towards their honeymoon. In all likelihood they've already bought the tickets, so the money can be placed towards expenses incurred on the trip or something else.

You can also give them a few things to take along the trip, like a travel book or luggage.

and a webcam :D

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I'd also suggest a check or cash with a note that says they have to use it towards their honeymoon.