Webmaster help???

ceLLriOT

Mar 26, 2001
I just reformatted my hard drive and forgot to save all of my emails, so I lost all of the information for all of the websites that I run. Is there any way I can find out who to contact to get the logins and passwords for my website domains??? I lost the website addresses that I bought the domains from, but I sure wish I had saved those. Isnt there a way to lookup who hosts websites somewhere? If someone could help me it would save me LOTS OF MONEY. Thanks so much

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
If the only thing you know is the domain name of your sites, the only place you can start is a Whois Lookup. Get anything at all out of that and take it from there. Maybe items like DNS entries... or an email address of a billing/administrative contact (besides yours). Sometimes it can tell you your host's domain (blah@pair.com)... In this example, Pair.com would be your webhost. etc. etc.

Good luck. Otherwise, you will have to retrieve those emails from your mail server (assuming you "download" them from Outlook/Express, etc.). Hope you don't delete them from the server as you download them.