Weber Spirit E-310 gas grill: $499 at Home Depot (check tomorrow's flyer)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by mshan, Apr 25, 2012.

1. mshan

mshan Diamond Member

Got Home Depot e-mail preview of tomorrow's flyer and looks like they are going to sell Weber Spirit E-310 gas grill starting tomorrow.

Don't think it is a screaming deal, but seems like a fair price.

edit: I think I confused this with the Weber GENESIS E-310, so price for this lower line Weber Spirit might just be so, so.

#1 mshan, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

its still a weber! MANS GRILL MUHAHAHAHA

3. hansmuff

hansmuff Senior member

That's pretty much regular price. I can confirm this grill's awesomeness, worth the money.

4. jhansman

jhansman Platinum Member

Note that this grill has porcelain enameled grates, which will not hold up like stainless steel does. We bought our Genesis Gold (on sale at HD) because it came with SS grates, and after almost 3 yrs. of heavy use, they are in excellent condition. Just a thought.

5. kmmatney

kmmatney Diamond Member

When I first my first house, I bought a cheap $80 grill, and it lasted 7 years. Then I bought a fancier Weber $400 (on sale) - and it still only lasted 7 years, even with replacing several parts along the way. So for my last grill I just bought a cheap one again, and am expecting to get about 7 years out of it. I can't say I ever noticed much difference in the cooking quality.

6. blckgrffn

blckgrffn Diamond Member

Considering a Genesis - we grill probably 200 days a year on average. Having issues with the cheaper ones simply self-destructing, everything rusts out after about three years.

Thanks for the heads up, but after watching the porcelain grates get gross on the current grill, it sounds like SS is the way to go.

7. bhopki3

bhopki3 Junior Member

Home Depot has an exclusive contract with Weber. On the HD Spirit grills it subs heavier cast iron grates in place of the cheaper porcelain enameled ones sold elsewhere. I went with the Genesis E-310 at $699 but was very tempted to save $200 and get the lower cost Spirit which is still a quality product and similar specs.

8. rsutoratosu

rsutoratosu Platinum Member

btw weber warranty these for 25 years, the kettle charcoal for 10..

They just pretty much replaced my entire kettle charcoal for free because of rust spots. This is a 9 year old grill, kept with cover outside, so unfortunately even with cover, there's water condensation.

Weber quality and warranty are great !

I have those porcelain grates and saw that Home depot and amazon sells the replacement cast iron grates, for this & other models, they range from 64.99 - 79.99 at my local HD. Im gonna get them.. cast iron rocks.. i replaced my ss grates from my charcoal grill long time ago... it is fving awesome

9. mshan

mshan Diamond Member

#9 mshan, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. FlasHBurN

FlasHBurN Golden Member

The Genesis grilles are still made in America. The Spirit's are built in China.

11. donfm

donfm Senior member

Yep I have an old Genesis and the porcelain grates are the first thing to give out after the flavor bars which are the same porcelain coated steel. The rest of the grill shows it's age but is still in great working condition. Highly recommend the Genesis if you want a long lasting grill.