Web Traffic Status Monitor?

RalphTheCow

Sep 14, 2000
Is there a good program that will keep me informed of the status of my connection? I am stuck with dial-up so I often have to wait a long time for a page to load. But how can I tell if it is the site or my connection? Is there some program that would keep me informed on what it is waiting for? For instance, sometimes if I stop a request that is taking a long time and then redo it, it comes right up. The closest thing I have to a monitor is the little double computer icon in the system tray (Win98 SE, IE 4.72) Would upgrading IE help any? Thank you.

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Take a peak at pathping, it will keep stats on your connection to servers you give it and help show you possible problems.
Bill

RalphTheCow

Sep 14, 2000
Drats, it's under construction. Thanks bsobel. I noticed pathping is also a Windows 2000 command - I guess they licensed or bought it?

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Down2Home 1.1 user friendly, no learning involved and free. calculates it from your adapter not the browser so you can actually track all traffic goig in and out from day/week/month/year charts. it's very good.

powerMarkymark

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2002
Do a Google search for NetSat Live, it's a free program that will keep you informed of the status of your internet connection.