Weapons search team leaving ? - Tell me this isn't a joke.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
ARMS TEAM TO LEAVE IRAQ - UNABLE TO FIND WEAPONS

So we are now prepared to just walk away and say that anything that hasn't been found is of no consequence.
That's like a bad dumb joke. (not just dumb, but bad too)
For four days the hype was to keep the Winnegago Meth Lab legend alive - Found Dual Purpose Mobile Biological Lab !
It had vats and tanks and dryers - oh my, it had Lions and Tigers and Bears!
Then it was clean.
Then they said "Take it apart !"
And all this time they don't need no Steenkin' UN Inspectors.
But are willing to walk away now ?

Why did we buy the Hype ?

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Haven't had the time to read this all yet - but if it's information is as appears - I'm not happy about it! (extreme understatement).

Cheers,

Andy

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
snooze.
oh well.
there are a myriad of other reasons to justify the action,many have been discussed on this forum.
saddam was a madman, and he needed to be shown the door.

edit:
i will also add that i do not feel the united states has to justify anything to the UN. or other countries.
i fully support the United States doing what is in the best interest of the United States.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

So we are now prepared to just walk away and say that anything that hasn't been found is of no consequence.
For four days the hype was to keep the Winnegago Meth Lab legend alive - Found Dual Purpose Mobile Biological Lab !
Then it was clean.

Another article you didn't bother to read or are too stupid to understand. They are turning the mission over to someone else not abandoning it.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
That's TWICE, UltraStupid - THIRD time's a charm.

(Just don't get it ?)

did you miss the part in House rules where it says personal attacks will not be tolerated?

refresher.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The hunt will continue under a new Iraq Survey Group, which the Bush administration has said is a larger team. But the organizers are drawing down their weapons staffs for lack of work, and adding expertise for other missions

So not all is as the title suggests....

BTW

i will also add that i do not feel the united states has to justify anything to the UN. or other countries.
i fully support the United States doing what is in the best interest of the United States.

That's fine in principle - but when the US's actions start to have big impacts on other countries - and not always positive - that arguement doesn't hold out. It argues well for this scenario but is by no means a universally good idea! Too much like "might is right".

Cheers,

Andy

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

(Just don't get it ?)

What's twice? The fact that I pointed out the stupidity of your posts? Quit posting stupid sh!t and I won't have to point it out to you.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Fencer128
The hunt will continue under a new Iraq Survey Group, which the Bush administration has said is a larger team. But the organizers are drawing down their weapons staffs for lack of work, and adding expertise for other missions

So not all is as the title suggests....

BTW

That's fine in principle - but when the US's actions start to have big impacts on other countries - and not always positive - that arguement doesn't hold out. It argues well for this scenario but is by no means a universally good idea! Too much like "might is right".

Cheers,

Andy

right, is a matter of perspective in any conflict.
might, determines the outcome.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

Do you mind if I ask you to elaborate on this? I don't see quite where you're coming from on the "might is right" point. I think you've turned the meaning around a bit from where I'm coming from.

If I get this correctly (?) you're saying:

Everyone thinks they're right - on either side of a debate/arguement/conflict. Might is what allows you to win.

I would have put it as:

Some people are more right than others. If you have a monopoly on strength you need not consider anyone else's views but your own.

Thanks,

Andy

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
No - the fact that you ignored the house rules and initiated the blip.
I tend to ignore and not respond, until a multiple event trend occurs.
I see a trend. I rarely even use a name in a response.

Except for Alistar-7, who like I have formed a coalition of the posing.
We never call each others tripe stupid, we accept it for what is is.
Informed narative, or ignorant garbage, there is free information flow.
(Counting down to A-7 post : 10 ... 9 ....)

How bout those weapons labs, pretty slick aren't they.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Fencer128

Do you mind if I ask you to elaborate on this? I don't see quite where you're coming from on the "might is right" point. I think you've turned the meaning around a bit from where I'm coming from.

If I get this correctly (?) you're saying:

Everyone thinks they're right - on either side of a debate/arguement/conflict. Might is what allows you to win.

I would have put it as:

Some people are more right than others. If you have a monopoly on strength you need not consider anyone else's views but your own.

Thanks,

Andy

in this situation, a decade+ of diplomacy failed.
there was simply no satisfactory diplomatic solution, which lead to the conflict,which in turn determined who was "right"
by virtue of going to the UN, its obvious the US considered other countries,POV.In the end, it is the United Sates responsibility to its people to take the appropriate course of action.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
No - the fact that you ignored the house rules and initiated the blip.
I tend to ignore and not respond, until a multiple event trend occurs.
I see a trend. I rarely even use a name in a response.

Except for Alistar-7, who like I have formed a coalition of the posing.
We never call each others tripe stupid, we accept it for what is is.
Informed narative, or ignorant garbage, there is free information flow.
(Counting down to A-7 post : 10 ... 9 ....)

How bout those weapons labs, pretty slick aren't they.

You continually break rule 2 of this forum. I will continue to point it out to you and everyone else. I would do so even if the rule didn't exist. Get smarter or get over it.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
in this situation, a decade+ of diplomacy failed.
there was simply no satisfactory diplomatic solution, which lead to the conflict,which in turn determined who was "right"
by virtue of going to the UN, its obvious the US considered other countries,POV.In the end, it is the United Sates responsibility to its people to take the appropriate course of action.

I understand that "It argues well for this scenario" but I was thinking that you meant what you said as a more universal policy. That is what I was trying to understand.

Cheers,

Andy

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

We did'nt;)

Before the war Bush assured America there were WMDs AND knew right where they were. Have we found any? That's still up in the air, But certainly not of the quantity or threat advertised.
Bush has many reasons to go in which I won't get into here yet again, but he needed something to do convince americans. WMD/s terror and Saddam an 911 in the same sentence works well it you here it long enough.

Read my sig. It's been done before quite effectivly.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Then it was clean.

Another article you didn't bother to read or are too stupid to understand. They are turning the mission over to someone else not abandoning it.

3. Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

(Just don't get it ?)
3. Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

Then it was clean.

This WHOLE SHAM RAPE OF A COUNTRY has been a bad, dumb JOKE. Why should they stop now?

What could be next? The Bush Regime on trial for war crimes, maybe?!! Centured by the United Nations for an illegitimate war with bogus evidence and emtpy rationale?

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Here's a question. Before the war who, besides Iraq and Scott Ritter, was saying that Iraq did not have WMD?

Czar if you want to be a mod go talk to them about it otherwise shut up.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Back to message -

Why was the inteligence information cooked to influence the citizens of this country.

There had to be a deliberate effort to do this, as the Talking-Points were carefully
orchestrated to be on the lips of every media operative that went on News Talk shows.

Strangely containing the doctrine, nearly verbatum, of the Weekly Standard.
From deep within the Bushes inter-circle of advisers. (Billy-Bob Kristol)
About 10 people controlling the worlds destiny, on fabricated inteligence.
Just seems slimey to me.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Here's a question. Before the war who, besides Iraq and Scott Ritter, was saying that Iraq did not have WMD?

Oh let's see... just the little thing called the UN, Hans Blix, every other nation perhaps? Russia, Germany, China, France all said we'll find nothing. They were right.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

Oh let's see... just the little thing called the UN, Hans Blix, every other nation perhaps? Russia, Germany, China, France all said we'll find nothing. They were right.

Bullsh!t. Not one of those countries official positions was that Iraq did not have WMD. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

Bullsh!t. Not one of those countries official positions was that Iraq did not have WMD. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Of course their official positions were otherwise, they have some sense of diplomacy unlike our dolt in the office.

And why stop the US from making a idiot of themselves in the international stage?

I'm sorry the president made you and I look like morons for supporting this war because of "WMDs", but deal with it.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

do you think that you dont have to follow the rules of this forum?