We need more Muslims!

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
We need more real authentic Muslims on this forum to give Texmaster and others like him people to really debate with in Israel/Palestine issues. Instead, we have conversation between the Israeli left and right. Or easy targets like the "European wussies" that post negative views of Israel and get torn up for it.

I will try to find some Muslims for this forum (unless I forget). Then you can hear them spew their anti-semitic terrorist-loving ideals firsthand! ;)

Also, let's not forget all the threads about Islam where everybody is totally clueless, and where one AT member refers to the Koran as something like "one big kill jew-boy rant,"
rolleye.gif
with no Muslims to respond.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I for one would welcome a good debate.

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
I could debate with you / them also. I'm Christian, but I know what the Koran is basicly about. It's not far off from Christianity / the Bible either. Anyways, I wouldn't debate anything about religons tied with war, etc. To me, it's silly. The people fighting for their religous belifes and dying in their God's name has them running around with their thumb up their a$$.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
HAHAHHA I wonder how many of the children I am argueing with are the same person? :)

Actually what we need are more people just use one account instead of trying to use an alter ego in an arguement :)

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
I honetly love debates, i think you can learn more from them than any other method of education.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Texmaster
HAHAHHA I wonder how many of the children I am argueing with are the same person? :)

Actually what we need are more people just use one account instead of trying to use an alter ego in an arguement :)

what're you talking about? most of the people i see debate with you are longtime members

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: aphexII
I honetly love debates, i think you can learn more from them than any other method of education.

Debates are great to learn from. I have learned quite a bit in many debates. Nemesis77 and Czar are great examples for me.

In others however, the simplicty and stupidy some people show simply deserve to be called what they are.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: mrCide

what're you talking about? most of the people i see debate with you are longtime members

I can go to just about any thread I'm in a heating political debate and see no profile, low posting users who only show up right then.

Its no secret.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001

Debates are great to learn from. I have learned quite a bit in many debates. Nemesis77 and Czar are great examples for me.

In others however, the simplicty and stupidy some people show simply deserve to be called what they are.

I agree that there will always be stupidity to some extent, but the good posts far outweigh the bad...

How awesome would that be to get a serious thread going debating the two sides of the Israel/Palestinian conflict without any name calling...

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

I agree that there will always be stupidity to some extent, but the good posts far outweigh the bad...

How awesome would that be to get a serious thread going debating the two sides of the Israel/Palestinian conflict without any name calling...

You would have to ensure statements like "the Church of the Nativity is not an important Christian icon in the world "are kept out :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Just making my way through... Only wanna see this new quoting system at work

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
OK, I'll be a Muslim!

*grabs kitchen towel and securs it to head with rubber band from broccoli*

OY VEY!

Oh...wait...

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Well, I'm an agnostic with an Islamic upbringing. Staying out of the Palestine vs. Israel threads has been an unconcious effort of late because, mainly:

A) Most if not all of you have no expertise in what you're saying;
B) After all the talk is done, nobody's changed their POV and nobody's opinion really matters;
C) We're not talking about the faiths at all anyways;
D) It's all been said 1000x before, and more interestingly at that.

If people would like to discuss the facts about the Koran and such or someone is needed to come in and do corrections/verifications, give me a PM or something! I've already tried to address a lot of misconceptions in a week-old thread here: The Bible vs. The Koran on various issues of Man.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
I can go to just about any thread I'm in a heating political debate and see no profile, low posting users who only show up right then.

Its no secret.

Yeah, its all a big conspiracy tex. Do you believe in ghosts too like your buddy jimbo?

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SmackdownHotel
Originally posted by: eleutheria
We need fewer zealots. :(

Yep, pretty simple but unattainable nonetheless.

Interesting, check out the second definition...

zeal·ot Pronunciation Key (zlt)
n.

1. One who is zealous, especially excessively so. A fanatically committed person.
2. Zealot A member of a Jewish movement of the first century A.D. that fought against Roman rule in Palestine as incompatible with strict monotheism.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah, its all a big conspiracy tex. Do you believe in ghosts too like your buddy jimbo?

Who says there is a conspiracy? Does it take a conspiracy to grab another E-Mail address, set up an account and post? Well, a dumb-ass like you would need help.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Jimbo

Who says there is a conspiracy? Does it take a conspiracy to grab another E-Mail address, set up an account and post? Well, a dumb-ass like you would need help.

Ghost-boy,

Can either you or your companion tex please provide us with links to all of these threads where this conspiracy is taking place?
For all we know, you are simply a fabrication of tex to defend his extreme viewpoints.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Can either you or your companion tex please provide us with links to all of these threads where this conspiracy is taking place?
Once again dumb ass, there does NOT have to be a conspiracy. That is your stupid assertion.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Once again dumb ass, there does NOT have to be a conspiracy. That is your stupid assertion.

No conspiracy? Damn. And I was just gonna' ask you and Tex if I could join. I'm tired of just being part of the vast right wing conspiracy. I'm looking for a new one.

Tex, are your extreme viewpoints fake? Are you a false prophet?

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
For all we know, you are simply a fabrication of tex to defend his extreme viewpoints.
That must explain why my account was created back in October 1999, but TexMaster registered in June 2001. You're still pegging a 10 on the Dumb Ass meter Lucky.
rolleye.gif

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
That must explain why my account was created back in October 1999, but TexMaster registered in June 2001. Your still pegging a 10 on the Dumb Ass meter Lucky.
rolleye.gif

Hey, tex is the one claiming people are making up accounts left and right just to anonymously attack him. Like he's THAT important.
rolleye.gif

As for who is the dumbass, I may have been wrong in my (sarcasic) accusation that you=tex, but at least Im not scared by the ghosts of old ladies. :p