We live in weird times

Feb 4, 2009
I’ve taken a very, very light Management job at a small business a strange thing happened this week.
One of the young guys (high school aged) said to me “I think my Mom likes you and she is going to ask you out”…….”I just wanted to let you know I am okay with it but I won’t be in College until next year”

I told him his Mom seems very nice however I am not single nor looking.

Strange times we live in. I give the guy credit for saying something, I am not sure if Mom asked him to check or not but regardless I give the guy credit for bringing up an awkward thing.

No pics morons.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I’ve taken a very, very light Management job at a small business a strange thing happened this week.
One of the young guys (high school aged) said to me “I think my Mom likes you and she is going to ask you out”…….”I just wanted to let you know I am okay with it but I won’t be in College until next year”

Strange times we live in. I give the guy credit for saying something, I am not sure if Mom asked him to check or not but regardless I give the guy credit for bringing up an awkward thing.

No pics morons.
I’m glad you’re not offering pics of high school boys.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No pics morons

son-i-am-disappoint-memebase-com-39517507-1500-2230.jpg

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

No pics morons.

You also deserve some credit for your response. :thumbsup:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I give the guy credit for saying something, I am not sure if Mom asked him to check or not but regardless I give the guy credit for bringing up an awkward thing.
Definitely an awkward subject to bring up, so yeah, credit to him. I think it would be even more awkward for him though if his mom did ask him to ask you.

Feb 4, 2009
I just realized he may have taken advice I gave him the first day I met him.
I don’t remember the exact circumstance but some girl he knows from school came by and sort of ignored him. I told him that it took me a long time to learn this and it is something nobody tells you unless you get involved in sales. Learning to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations is a huge skill to learn. Makes life much easier to say “Sarah I’m going to (whatever event) how about you come along……then wait for an answer, don’t say anything else wait for an answer, look at the person and wait. Time will feel like it is moving really slow but it isn’t just keep your mouth shut and wait. You will get an answer it may not be the answer you want or it could be a better answer than you expected either way it will be a true answer and judge your next actions on that answer.
I wonder if he has been practicing being uncomfortable?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
She knows your vibe. I remember you Fanatical. Your Facebook Marketplace feed with sex toys and selenite daggers.

Feb 4, 2009
She knows your vibe. I remember you Fanatical. Your Facebook Marketplace feed with sex toys and selenite daggers.

Haha well I am pretty cool…

Reactions: pcgeek11