We have to enact more knife laws before it is too late!

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I swear, when will people realize that it is the person who is responsible for the act, not the gun, knife, stick, spork, whatever. You just can't make this stuff up.

A British judge trying a knife-crime case stunned the court by pulling out a blade.

Campaign groups blasted Judge Roger Connor after he brandished a knife in front of a teenage defendant charged with wounding someone with a blade.

The 16-year-old?s lawyer asked Connor if he was committing an offense ? and was told it was acceptable because the blade was less than 3 inches long.

Connor got out the folding black-handled knife at Oxford Crown Court to show how it worked. The boy, who denies wounding with intent and assault, had admitted using a knife and claimed he needed only one hand to open it.

Connor asked: ?It happens I have a folding knife in my pocket. You need two hands to open it, don?t you??

Under English and Welsh law it is an offense to carry in public a blade longer than 3 inches without good reason.

Furious anti-knife crime campaigners called last night for the judge to be fired.

?He should lose his job. One teenager a week is being murdered on the streets of Britain and here he is brandishing a knife,? Lyn Costello, co-founder of the Mothers Against Murder and Aggression campaign group, said.

?Enough is enough ? we need to get tough on knives in this country and our judges should be handing out tough sentences, not brandishing their own.?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The British are ridiculous. Let them rot.

It's too bad really, I love British culture. Great music, great comedies. There are just too many stupid people there.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
We get you're trying to make light of gun bans and restrictions in the US by showing that the UK is bat shit crazy. But the problem is that knives do indeed have a primary use that is not of violent intent. And in fact it is fairly likely that the knife was created with the purpose of skinning while the spear was created with the purpose of killing. Guns on the other hand have only one purpose, to kill. And handguns a more specific purpose, to kill humans. I personally just don't see an admirable cause in defending the use of an instrument meant to murder. Many things are capable of being used to murder, not near as many are intended to be used as such.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Hahhaha.. losers!!! Three inches??? I got an arsenal of knifes at home in my kitchen that are way over 3inches.. probably 4-5 inches... they probably think I could take out a whole neighborhood in britian with them :)

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
The biggest problem is that it's way too damn easy to kill a person with a gun. All you need is one simple click.
With Knives, you face a lot more challenges and it takes some guts to acutally stab and push the knife into someone's body. People like me wouldn't be able to it. However, I can be a crazy maniac with a gun.
A lot of people are afraid of real fighting as they know what it takes to really fight with bare hands. It's not convinient. However, if those people are given guns, they can just pull out guns and you guess the results.
I blame guns because it makes everything too easy. A psycho with a gun and without a gun is different. Guess why. Same goes for regular Joes who fail anger managent.

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
"we need to get tough on knives" Haha, pretty soon they're going to be reduced to their bare hands, then what? Start cutting off hands at birth?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: thraashman
We get you're trying to make light of gun bans and restrictions in the US by showing that the UK is bat shit crazy. But the problem is that knives do indeed have a primary use that is not of violent intent. And in fact it is fairly likely that the knife was created with the purpose of skinning while the spear was created with the purpose of killing. Guns on the other hand have only one purpose, to kill. And handguns a more specific purpose, to kill humans. I personally just don't see an admirable cause in defending the use of an instrument meant to murder. Many things are capable of being used to murder, not near as many are intended to be used as such.

what an intellectual you are :roll: