We had a bomb threat at work

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Man I hate standing out in the heat in my work clothes.At least it was not at 1 pm when it is the hotest.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
It was called in to the receptionist I don't think they caught the bastard.Everyone was fine.

silent tone

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
So, what do you say to somebody who calls in and says they're bombing you? What can really follow that line?

person: Hello.
bomber: Hello, There's a bomb in your building.
person: really? how do you know?
bomber: I put it there.
person: where did you put it?
bomber: not going to tell ya. ha!
person: that's not very nice.
bomber: too bad.
person: will I be hurt where I'm at right now?
bomber: I don't know. Don't you want to get out of there?
person: Yeah.
bomber: then why are you still talking to me when a bomb is about to explode?
person: I don't know. Why did you call to warn us if you want to blow up the building?
bomber: I thought thats what your supposed to do.
person: You think that being compasionate and polite when your blowing up a building and people is okay?
bomber: shut up, I don't like your questions.
person: You're pretty mixed up aren't you.
bomber: I have a bomb!
person: I don't like you.
bomber: I have a bomb!
person: You don't have very good social skills either.
bomber: I have a bomb! And I can blow $%!& up!
person: I'm going to hang up now.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
istallion,

Thanks.Everyone in the center will appreciate that.The email is goinng out now.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
yakko: Truth is that everyone knows that the office where you work does AOL tech support. I can't think of a single computer savvy and/or internet veteran type person would not want to blow up an AOL tech center. :p

Not to hurt anyone inside, but to slow down support for AOL users, hoping that those users will get frustrated and decide to move on to another ISP. :D

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
jonnyGURU,

It was the whole complex that got evacuated and since the I.R.S. has an office here there are two very good reasons to call one in.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
AOL and the IRS in the same building? All they need now is a Microsoft office to complete the scene.

Warrenton

Banned
Aug 7, 2000
AOL and the IRS sharing a building? I knew it!!! The MS suit is a fraud. Wait I knew that all along. What a bunch of bastards. Yeah MS is a monopoly... my ass.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
for a moment, i thought someone threatened to show &quot;insert name of a bad movie here&quot;

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
My sister works at city hall.

Earlier this year someone decided to pay their overdue property tax by personally dropping it off outside the door of the property tax office in a &quot;supspicious type looking package&quot;. Of course some bright minded soul thought it was a bomb, called the police, evacuated the entire building, and the police bomb squad moved in with their robot. The scan of the package showed that there was a large metal &quot;mass&quot; inside the box which really got the bomb guys all excited, just like how a firefighter gets exicted when they arrive on the scene of a fire alarm and see smoke comin outta the windows, that it wont be a false alarm. So anyways, they procede to blow up the package to &quot;neutralize&quot; the threat only to find out that the joke is on them.

Seems like a disgruntled citizen who's property tax went up this year paid in pennies, paid over a thousand dollars worth in PENNIES!! The newspaper ran the article under the headline of &quot;Pennies from heaven&quot;, there were litterally thousands and thousands of pennies scattered across the entire floor :D

hehehehe, oh well my sister got that afternoon off hehe