We Got Us A Con -- Voy!!

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Bolus and the convoy are protesting vaccine mandates, trucker rights, critical race theory and an increase in taxes and fuel prices, he told D.C. news station WUSA.
So, the only Federal vaccine mandates currently are for:
-Health care workers
-Military personnel
-Noncitizen air travelers

404 truckers not found

The other convoy protest:
That convoy(the "People's Convoy") is calling for the government to immediately lift its declaration of a national emergency due to the pandemic
So they want to stop FEMA assistance to states/agencies from trying to mitigate Covid-19?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Some 7/11 Parking lot is going to get blocked up.

This morning two big trucks, one hauling beverages the other hauling ice, they tried to beat each other for the closest spot to unload and tied up both entrance/exits to the convenience store, neither of them willing to give way. A police station is right next door with cops walking in and out of the store, loading up on snacks before hitting their beats, all of them ignoring the faceoff that was blocking the gas pumps and the exits. No joy for me, away I go.

That's as close to truckers blocking traffic while protesting (each other) I got to see. Went down the street a couple of blocks to the next convenience store to get my power breakfast of two hotdogs and a large thermos mug full of bitter overcooked java. Mission accomplished, off to work I go.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This morning two big trucks, one hauling beverages the other hauling ice, they tried to beat each other for the closest spot to unload and tied up both entrance/exits to the convenience store, neither of them willing to give way. A police station is right next door with cops walking in and out of the store, loading up on snacks before hitting their beats, all of them ignoring the faceoff that was blocking the gas pumps and the exits. No joy for me, away I go.

That's as close to truckers blocking traffic while protesting (each other) I got to see. Went down the street a couple of blocks to the next convenience store to get my power breakfast of two hotdogs and a large thermos mug full of bitter overcooked java. Mission accomplished, off to work I go.

As expected, utter chaos.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Somewhat comforting news. The Trucker thing in Canada had me a bit worried. This country, the US, is in need of mass demonstrations in Washington but from the so far brain dead left and not the right. It looks like the Cancer infecting us from the right has grown deep.

Reactions: Captante

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006

Breakfast of Champions!

Reactions: tweaker2
Nov 17, 2019
Seeing something about some coming from CA, 11 day trip.

Now, if I was a trucker, would I want to spend 11 days doing that, or 11 days hauling money loads?

And if I was a Trooper, would I be waiting along the highway to stop and impound them?

Nov 17, 2019
Or maybe we don't ....

Trucker protest convoy falters due to lack of interest;

www.usatoday.com.ico
USA Today|1 hour ago
A truck convoy that rolled out of California bound for the nation's capital to protest mandates has given up because of lack of interest.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Sounds like one of those Q brainstorms, like JFK showing up in Dallas and Trump returning to the Whitehouse. The Whitehouse thing was supposed to happen last October, it didn't. And as far as JFK goes, Im looking and I don't seem to see him in sight. Hmmm, thats weird. No JFK. I wonder where he is???
And now, all these truckers are supposed to head to Washington. The reason I suspect a Q connection is most everything that the Q's predicts these days is a big joke. Or could they have meant Washington state?
Or... maybe Donald Trump's praise of Putin is just a little too much for them truckers to handle? Maybe, just maybe they have realized that much of this right wing outrage is bullshit.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
there's option c: like Trump family and all the other modern fascist groups, these incels just watched the rest of the world nuke their singular funding stream over the weekend.

Couldn't afford the Funyons and Big Gulps needed to fuel their micturition across the country.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
there's option c: like Trump family and all the other modern fascist groups, these incels just watched the rest of the world nuke their singular funding stream over the weekend.

Couldn't afford the Funyons and Big Gulps needed to fuel their micturition across the country.
Ivanka is fine. Jarod with Saudi money now

Feb 4, 2009

Go here:

Nov 17, 2019
Oh well, they tried.

Trucker Convoy Rally Sees Few Protesters as World Focuses on Ukraine

While organizers initially said that they expected around 3,000 people at the event, that estimate dropped to 500 as the date of the protest grew closer.

Oh, and them too:

Protest Against Covid-19 Mandates Draws Small Crowd

www.wsj.com.ico
Wall Street Journal|2 hours ago
A planned protest on the National Mall against Covid-19 vaccine and mask mandates drew few attendees on Tuesday afternoon. Still, security measures remain heightened around the Capitol ahead of the State of the Union later Tuesday.