We can all agree we are pioneers of the internet age?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I just wish I didn't have to be middle age and explain to kids how the internet was. No kid this day will ever understand geocities/icq/dial-up/shitty search engines.

How metallica ruined our napster. How we used to send dick pictures thru a scanner and icq. How 6 gig harddrive might of been all you needed for the internet.

How you found out you had a 16 year old daughter thru icq one day while your mom was dying of cancer.

Sitting around the computer with your best friend and listening to mp3's. Don't get me started on Diablo1.

Playing on the TEN Network playing magic the gathering. Trolling straightdope.com back in the day.

Having HardOCP giving you a custom title that was embarrassing but all the members getting mad at me for having a title.

I could go on and on.
The internet was a mature platform before any of the items in your post happened. Mosaic put a pretty face on established technology. You are a consumer, not a producer in the internet world.

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
I just wish I didn't have to be middle age and explain to kids how the internet was. No kid this day will ever understand geocities/icq/dial-up/shitty search engines.

How metallica ruined our napster. How we used to send dick pictures thru a scanner and icq. How 6 gig harddrive might of been all you needed for the internet.

How you found out you had a 16 year old daughter thru icq one day while your mom was dying of cancer.

Sitting around the computer with your best friend and listening to mp3's. Don't get me started on Diablo1.

Playing on the TEN Network playing magic the gathering. Trolling straightdope.com back in the day.

Having HardOCP giving you a custom title that was embarrassing but all the members getting mad at me for having a title.

I could go on and on.

Dialing up BBS's and not buying food for 2 weeks due to the phone bills.

When you had just bought a shiny new 33.6kbps modem and 56.6k launched.

Sitting around your computer with your best friends listening to mods from Aminet

How a 600MB hard drive was all you needed for the Internet

Hanging out on IRC

Getting your very first email address and bragging to all your friends about it