We are making a The Office parody what do I need?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
So we are a a big fan of The Office and just for fun we are making a parody of it ;)
This is what I have:

Mini DV camcorder (PV-DV702)
and a macbook

We really want to do this but this is the first time we are doing something of this magnitude
Also really want to keep this as low cost as possible as we are high school students

Thanks!

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
If you watched last night's episode, there you go. (for those who don't - they made a commercial in house and had a list of things to do and that they needed ;) )

Some redneck lighting with a couple of worklights to get better video is about what I can offer at the moment. Your onboard audio is going to sound like you filmed it from a box, but it is low budget.

What you really need is a script. Start with an outline and fit in the what you want to accomplish. Start filling it in. If you think of any funny bits, WRITE THEM DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Originally posted by: gsellis
If you watched last night's episode, there you go. (for those who don't - they made a commercial in house and had a list of things to do and that they needed ;) )

Some redneck lighting with a couple of worklights to get better video is about what I can offer at the moment. Your onboard audio is going to sound like you filmed it from a box, but it is low budget.

What you really need is a script. Start with an outline and fit in the what you want to accomplish. Start filling it in. If you think of any funny bits, WRITE THEM DOWN IMMEDIATELY.
any thing we could do under \ around $20 to help the sound?

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
You know the poster board that is white with the foam in the middle that you use for projects in class? Get a sheet of that. If you can get a halogen light, you set it to one side 45 degrees from the subject, block it from shining on the camera, pref above the subject. Then use the foam at the other side. A "Grip" holds the foam to bounce light from the light to the other side of the subjects' faces. This will dramatically improve your lighting and make up for a lot of low end camera flaws. Shooting indoors and making it look pro is all about the lighting. If that camera has a "white balance", which usually is a light bulb icon, mess with it until it looks 'right'.

Oct 19, 2000
Haha, a couple of friends and myself made our own Office parody last December. We had great fun doing it, and got some decent feedback from it in an Off Topic thread I created to show it off.

ASK THE COMMUNITY