We all know Newt is unelectable...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
You know, early on, I thought the R Debates were a good opportunity to get conservative thought into the spotlight amidst all of the Obama drivel we've been subjected to since 2008. Now I must say that I am simply embarrassed and disheartened by the likes of Perry and Cain and Co. CNN is right to say recently that no one with intelligence wants to run given the dumb-downed, money-making circus the Prez Election has become.

I like Newt...as a professor. He has at least part of a brain and can form some decent arguments. But he isn't going to win a thing. The Left is jumping for joy with every passing "report" that he is leading in the polls while I think many Republicans are just waiting for him to fvck up like Cain and disappear. Perry and Bachmann need to take a hike as well. Romney has no hope due to his religion, inconsistent flip-flop nature, and liberalism.

And even if Paul wins every single state primary from Iowa to South Carolina to New Hampshire, the media will find a way to make sure it appears he's a ghost. Otherwise, he is the most principled (and arguably smartest) threat to both the R and D political and corporate establishments.

Who is left? Huntsman? For me, he kind of fits somewhere between Romney and Paul in some way. Not a bad choice but he isn't going anywhere either. But I would at least like him to remain on the debate circuit.

Face it, they are mostly a crop of losers destined to re-elect the Communist in Chief: someone who will piss away the next four years this country doesn't have to spare. And the worst part is that Obama won't have to lift a finger; the Republicans will just knock each other down so much that they'll become unelectable before the real game starts.

So, who else can still enter the game and save the day at this point?

(Not Palin!)

Condi Rice?

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You know, early on, I thought the R Debates were a good opportunity to get conservative thought into the spotlight amidst all of the Obama drivel we've been subjected to since 2008. Now I must say that I am simply embarrassed and disheartened by the likes of Perry and Cain and Co. CNN is right to say recently that no one with intelligence wants to run given the dumb-downed, money-making circus the Prez Election has become.

I like Newt...as a professor. He has at least part of a brain and can form some decent arguments. But he isn't going to win a thing. The Left is jumping for joy with every passing "report" that he is leading in the polls while I think many Republicans are just waiting for him to fvck up like Cain and disappear. Perry and Bachmann need to take a hike as well. Romney has no hope due to his religion, inconsistent flip-flop nature, and liberalism.

And even if Paul wins every single state primary from Iowa to South Carolina to New Hampshire, the media will find a way to make sure it appears he's a ghost. Otherwise, he is the most principled (and arguably smartest) threat to both the R and D political and corporate establishments.

Who is left? Huntsman? For me, he kind of fits somewhere between Romney and Paul in some way. Not a bad choice but he isn't going anywhere either. But I would at least like him to remain on the debate circuit.

Face it, they are mostly a crop of losers destined to re-elect the Communist in Chief: someone who will piss away the next four years this country doesn't have to spare. And the worse part is that Obama won't have to lift a finger; the Republicans will just knock each other down so much that they'll become unelectable before the real game starts.

(Not Palin!)

Condi Rice?

Condi Rice was only part of the picture to parade her around as eye candy for Momo Gadaffi. Momo gone, Condi is a nobody. Or at least until somebody else gets sweet on what she's offering, menopause will likely take her beauty away before some dictator has the chance to get sweet on her though.

Cr0nJ0b

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2004
meettomy.site
how exactly is Obama a Communist? I have heard that and read that from lots of folks, but I haven't quite put it together. Let me say first that I'm not a political science major or anything, so I'm just look for the broad strokes. Obama = Communist How?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com

Face it, they are mostly a crop of losers destined to re-elect the Communist in Chief: someone who will piss away the next four years this country doesn't have to spare. And the worst part is that Obama won't have to lift a finger; the Republicans will just knock each other down so much that they'll become unelectable before the real game starts.

(Not Palin!)

Condi Rice?
Gingrich is the most intellectual, but I really think he's as liberal as Romney. Gingrich:
pushed for affirmative action;
supported Rockefeller over Goldwater;
pressured GA to take a confederate flag down;
supports raising the payroll tax;
supported gun control;
supported federal funding for abortion;
never supported overturning Roe V Wade;
supported Clinton's unbalanced budgets;
supported universal health care;
gave Clinton just about everything he wanted;
supports neoconservative foreign policy and democracy over liberty.

Gingrich is nothing but a clown.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
how exactly is Obama a Communist? I have heard that and read that from lots of folks, but I haven't quite put it together. Let me say first that I'm not a political science major or anything, so I'm just look for the broad strokes. Obama = Communist How?
He's not any more liberal than Newt Gingrich. The GOP is almost as liberal as he is.

They both care about fairness, but ironically it's Obama who would take less revenue from the private sector since he's the one who refuses to increase the tax base.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Obama has just continued Bush's policies. It's like getting 16 years of Bush, nothing wrong with that.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Read Dreams from my father. It's scary weird Marxist. Obama was every bit as far-out as the OWS crowd (though not to my knowledge transgendered.)

It's an open question which is the real Obama. Is he a radical Marxist forced to be a left of center moderate by politics, reality, and/or his desire for a second term? Or a left of center moderate forced by the Democrat Party system to masquerade as a radical Marxist/Black Liberationist to get a seat at the rich white man's table? If the latter, another term might not be so bad, especially if we get a Republican Congress which might otherwise do damage. If the former, given his talk about working around Congress (i.e. attempting to become a dictator by setting policy through agencies) then I fear for my country in a second Obama term.

To a great extent this is a product of our system. Unless you believe every bit of dross one party or the other tosses in your direction, who really knows the real Mitt or the real Newt? Politicians try to be everything to everyone and even the President isn't completely free to be who he wishes, especially in his first term.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Condi Rice was only part of the picture to parade her around as eye candy for Momo Gadaffi. Momo gone, Condi is a nobody. Or at least until somebody else gets sweet on what she's offering, menopause will likely take her beauty away before some dictator has the chance to get sweet on her though.
You have a weird sense of beauty and accomplishment. Rice is no beauty. Rice IS however one of the world's leading authorities on the Soviet Union and Russia, and no slouch on foreign policy in general.

Feb 10, 2000
I appreciate the OP's candor. As I have said here many times, I find it mystifying that the GOP, which is taking on a highly vulnerable sitting President, has managed to assemble such a thoroughly unappealing slate of candidates. It's like the Democrats in 2004, but with an even better chance of victory being squandered.

I don't share your strong dislike of President Obama, but in any case Republicans can now taste some of the frustrations that Democrats faced 8 years ago.

I do not agree that Ron Paul is capable of ever getting the nomination, much less winning a general election. His views on foreign policy are simply far outside the mainstream for him to make people feel safe. I have never fully understood the sentiment that the media are the ones keeping him down - he gets more coverage than any other candidate who has consistently polled outside the top three candidates.

As for who might spring out of the woodwork to save the day, it's hard to see who that might be. I think if Pawlenty had stuck it out after the Iowa Straw Poll, he'd be the front runner now, but he has cast his lot in with Romney and he's probably too dull to succeed if he tried to come back in at this point anyway. Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal might make sense as VP picks, but both are too young to run for President in my view.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I appreciate the OP's candor. As I have said here many times, I find it mystifying that the GOP, which is taking on a highly vulnerable sitting President, has managed to assemble such a thoroughly unappealing slate of candidates. It's like the Democrats in 2004, but with an even better chance of victory being squandered.

I don't share your strong dislike of President Obama, but in any case Republicans can now taste some of the frustrations that Democrats faced 8 years ago.

I do not agree that Ron Paul is capable of ever getting the nomination, much less winning a general election. His views on foreign policy are simply far outside the mainstream for him to make people feel safe. I have never fully understood the sentiment that the media are the ones keeping him down - he gets more coverage than any other candidate who has consistently polled outside the top three candidates.

As for who might spring out of the woodwork to save the day, it's hard to see who that might be. I think if Pawlenty had stuck it out after the Iowa Straw Poll, he'd be the front runner now, but he has cast his lot in with Romney and he's probably too dull to succeed if he tried to come back in at this point anyway. Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal might make sense as VP picks, but both are too young to run for President in my view.
The CIA controls the MSM, so it's the CIA's fault, I'll give you that (i.e. that it's not the msm's fault).

Last edited:

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I like Huntsman.. he seems to be the logical, well-thoughout candidate from the GOP

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
To address the linked editorial in the OP, it's BS. The most it could take away is $600B (in today's dollars). He's a classic supply sider who wants a flat tax because he believes it will give the government more revenue. He also wants to raise FICA taxes, so that will increase Federal revenue.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

If Ron Paul could have beaten Obama it would have been in 2008. It's difficult at best to unseat a sitting President, especially if he has the press. It would now be Paul's expressed wackiness against Obama's presumed wackiness - what he says he wants to do versus what people fear Obama might do but hasn't. (Note that outside foreign policy I agree with many of Paul's positions, but I recognize that most people do not.) No one is going to rise up now on the Republican side, it's just too late to get on the ballots of too many states. It's either Gingrich or Romney. I don't count either one as unelectable - just look at Obama's election, and he had zero accomplishments other than showing up and sonorously reading a TelePrompter - but I still think Obama is going to be reelected. The combination of a billion dollars, a shrill but friendly press, his general lack of far left behavior, the sense that what he inherited might have been too much for anyone to quickly repair, the subtle but repeated accusations of racism in opposing him, and our general tendency to like our President I think will combine to keep him in power.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

He's not a communist or anything even remotely approaching it by any accepted definition of the word. Obama is a center left president who generally is pushing for the US to adopt something a bit more like European style regulated capitalism. Anyone who calls him a communist is either so unhinged as to not be worth listening to or has long ago forgotten what communism actually is.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
I would love to see Dr Rice run OP. Everytime I see an interview with her, and the question is asked, she says she doesnt want to run. That basically shes very happy at Stanford. Who the hell could blame her for not running in that cesspool anyway.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I wouldn't say he's a flat-out communist. He hasn't suggested anything approaching total confiscation of private property like FDR. He's more of a Hitler/Mussolini Fascist in that he wants to use government power and regulations to force the private sector to act according to his will.

Feb 10, 2000
I would love to see Dr Rice run OP. Everytime I see an interview with her, and the question is asked, she says she doesnt want to run. That basically shes very happy at Stanford. Who the hell could blame her for not running in that cesspool anyway.

I think she is a very bright woman and have great respect for her, but nothing I have ever seen would suggest that she would want the spotlight that would come with running for President. She seems like a very private person, which is one of the reasons she is always rumored to be a lesbian (I have no earthly idea if that is the case or not, nor would it have any effect on my vote if she were).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wouldn't say he's a flat-out communist. He hasn't suggested anything approaching total confiscation of private property like FDR. He's more of a Hitler/Mussolini Fascist in that he wants to use government power and regulations to force the private sector to act according to his will.

Every single country on earth without exception uses government power and regulations to force the private sector to act according to their will.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think she is a very bright woman and have great respect for her, but nothing I have ever seen would suggest that she would want the spotlight that would come with running for President. She seems like a very private person, which is one of the reasons she is always rumored to be a lesbian (I have no earthly idea if that is the case or not, nor would it have any effect on my vote if she were).

I've actually met her once (briefly) as a friend of mine was a nanny for one of her good friends up in SF. She has tons of things going on, and absolutely none of it makes me think that she has any interest in running for president, ever.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Every single country on earth without exception uses government power and regulations to force the private sector to act according to their will.

False. You have it exactly backwards. Hilarious.

Government isn't your momma who split the food at the dinner table with love in her heart. Now if your momma was a whore and her pimp sat at the dinner table got his before the kids got theirs, then you grew up with government.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
You have a weird sense of beauty and accomplishment. Rice is no beauty. Rice IS however one of the world's leading authorities on the Soviet Union and Russia, and no slouch on foreign policy in general.

Gadaffi liked her, so I was just going off of that.

Feb 10, 2000
False. You have it exactly backwards. Hilarious.

Government isn't your momma who split the food at the dinner table with love in her heart. Now if your momma was a whore and her pimp sat at the dinner table got his before the kids got theirs, then you grew up with government.

Is there any way we could implement some kind of sobriety test for posters here?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Is there any way we could implement some kind of sobriety test for posters here?

I'm at work.

That maybe didn't answer your question though. Especially since I've taken a liking to bailey's with my coffee, but rest assured I'm not drunk.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
We all know Newt is unelectable..

I'm horrible at making predictions about electoral results. E.g., I've already posted that Newt was 'toast' and expected him to drop out.

But here he is months later leading, at least for the moment.

I think it far too early to confidently predict a win/loss for some of these candidates. Others, like Santorum and Huntsmen can be disregarded. But no voting has even taken place yet and much more campaigning etc is yet to occur.

More importantly, we're still over a year away from the general election. Who knows what will happen in the meantime that could significantly change the situation? What if the economy improved? What if a 3rd party candidate entered the race? Too many unknowns IMO.

Fern