We’re in a public health crisis. Where’s the CDC?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Instead of talking about "where candidates" were during the weekend, maybe we can shift the conversation over to what happened to the CDC

Up to that point, the CDC had been providing regular briefings, usually led by Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

But things began to change on February 26, when President Donald Trump appointed Vice President Mike Pence to lead a coronavirus response task force. In the days leading to the appointment, there was a clear gulf between the public health messaging from the CDC and statements made by Trump.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Anecdotal, but I know last week the CDC was going around hospitals in Phoenix helping construct isolation floors (each bed in its own tent).

edit: I will say, Im a bit surprised they arent more in the spotlight nationally.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
This is my favorite one -- this says it all -- CDC wants nothing to do with these clowns......

88175309_2511925999123762_4095697486528643072_n.jpg

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Anecdotal, but I know last week the CDC was going around hospitals in Phoenix helping construct isolation floors (each bed in its own tent).

edit: I will say, Im a bit surprised they arent more in the spotlight nationally.

Why are you surprised? You know Trump is a narcissist and megalomaniac that has to micromanage everything and be front and center. I received a postcard today from the CDC that says in big letters on the front “PRESIDENT TRUMP’S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA”.

Jul 9, 2009
Opioid Overdose
I'm not supposed to be the one to pick which sneakers I'm going to bury him in - Anne Marie
From 1999 to 2017, more than 200,000 people died from overdoses related to prescription opioids. Prescription opioids can be addictive and dangerous. Learn more about prescription opioids misuse and overdose, data, and prevention resources at CDC.

Doing a great job! Great job. Trust the government to do a great job in any crisis! but, but, but we all know somehow, someway it's all President Trumps fault.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Opioid Overdose
I'm not supposed to be the one to pick which sneakers I'm going to bury him in - Anne Marie'm not supposed to be the one to pick which sneakers I'm going to bury him in - Anne Marie
From 1999 to 2017, more than 200,000 people died from overdoses related to prescription opioids. Prescription opioids can be addictive and dangerous. Learn more about prescription opioids misuse and overdose, data, and prevention resources at CDC.

Doing a great job! Great job. Trust the government to do a great job in any crisis! but, but, but we all know somehow, someway it's all President Trumps fault.
Please tell us what a wonderful job the Government is doing that is not being undermined by your hero and commrad Donald Trump?
Do you deny that Trump has lied and misrepresented the truth knowingly?
The government is doing a shitty job of handling this corona virus!
You know why? Because Trump has been the biggest factor keeping the governwemt from working effectively!

What you posted has nothing to do with the where has the CDC gone during this crisis......
let us look at what lies Trump has said about this virus......

corona trump.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Opioid Overdose
I'm not supposed to be the one to pick which sneakers I'm going to bury him in - Anne Marie'm not supposed to be the one to pick which sneakers I'm going to bury him in - Anne Marie

Don`t let facts get in your way of defending the president Dumpity Trumpity!!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Opioid Overdose

The CDC is dead in the water when it comnes to this virus........Trump has over ruled everyone! Including his scientists!!
90672439_2531138483869180_4470850497443528704_n.jpg

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Opioid Overdose

Why not just shutting the actual fuck up pissant unless you can contribute to the conversation instead of the baby shit you continually post? Or is that a part of your pay-per-post job?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Opioid Overdose

ooooh man. You're getting way too desperate now.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Opioid Overdose

Lol. Lost your savings. Could lose family members and your state government says you’re willing to sacrifice yourself for your grandkids investments.

Who knew liberal tears were so expensive! I’ll throw a couple of tears your way so you don’t have to sacrifice yourself.
:joycat:

Jul 9, 2009
Please tell us what a wonderful job the Government is doing that is not being undermined by your hero and commrad Donald Trump?
Do you deny that Trump has lied and misrepresented the truth knowingly?
The government is doing a shitty job of handling this corona virus!
You know why? Because Trump has been the biggest factor keeping the governwemt from working effectively!

What you posted has nothing to do with the where has the CDC gone during this crisis......
let us look at what lies Trump has said about this virus......

View attachment 18560
Thank you for the wonderful timeline! It's a perfect defense of President Trump.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful timeline! It's a perfect defense of President Trump.

Have fun with those liquified lungs when you get it! I know you're a vulnerable old man so I'll be sending totally real thoughts and prayers your way. I'm sure you'll be thanking President Trump for definitely not accelerating the spread beyond any chance of containment and keeping your best interests at heart.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
That btinmelione is damning as hell to your father Donald Trump!!
That time line absolutely destroys Trump!!
Your pussified leader, hell as far as we know you could be Barron Trump using an alias....

Declare
United States President Donald Trump made a number of statements downplaying the character of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reporting
As complaint unfold towards United States President Donald Trump’s management for its reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic in mid-March 2020, one graphic disseminated on social media indexed his a couple of makes an attempt to downplay the illness:
On this case, the graphic is totally correct. The more than a few statements are appropriately attributed to Trump, and every has been verified in unbiased timelines compiled through information shops.
January 22: “We’ve it utterly below keep watch over. It’s one individual coming in from China, and we have now it below keep watch over. It’s going to be simply high-quality.” Taken from a Trump interview with CNBC.February 2: “We just about close it down coming in from China.” Taken from an interview with Fox Information.February 24: “The Coronavirus could be very a lot below keep watch over in the US … Inventory Marketplace beginning to glance excellent to me!” Taken from Trump’s Twitter.February 25: “CDC and my Management are doing a GREAT activity of dealing with Coronavirus.” Taken from Trump’s Twitter.February 25: “I believe that’s an issue that’s going to depart.” Taken from a press convention Trump delivered in India.February 26: “The 15 [US COVID-19 cases] inside a few days goes to be all the way down to just about 0”; “We’re going very considerably down, no longer up.” Taken from a press convention led through Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.February 27: “In the future it’s like a miracle, it’ll disappear.” Taken from remarks Trump gave throughout an match commemorating Black Historical past Month.February 28: “We’re ordering a large number of provides. We’re ordering a large number of — a large number of components that, frankly, we wouldn’t be ordering except it used to be one thing like this. However we’re ordering a large number of other components of clinical.” Taken from remarks Trump made to journalists.
“We’re ordering a large number of provides. We’re ordering a large number of, uh, components that frankly we wouldn’t be ordering except it used to be one thing like this. However we’re ordering a large number of other components of clinical.” — Trump at the coronavirus percent.twitter.com/id6YLzbmRE
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) February 28, 2020
March 2: “You are taking a cast flu vaccine, you don’t suppose that can have an affect, or a lot of an affect, on corona?”; “And we’re going to be very a success. Numerous issues are taking place. Numerous very thrilling issues are taking place, and so they’re taking place very impulsively.” Trump made those remarks throughout a public assembly with leaders from pharmaceutical corporations.March 4: “If we have now hundreds or masses of hundreds of people who get well simply by, you recognize, sitting round or even going to paintings — a few of them cross to paintings, however they get well.” Taken from any other Trump interview with Fox Information.March 5: “I by no means mentioned other folks which might be feeling ill will have to cross to paintings.” Taken from Trump’s Twitter.March 6: “I believe we’re doing a actually just right activity on this nation at protecting it down … an amazing activity at protecting it down”; “Anyone presently, and the previous day, anyone that wishes a check will get a check. They’re there”; “I love these things. I actually get it. Individuals are stunned that I know it”; I don’t wish to have the numbers double on account of one send that wasn’t our fault.” Taken from a press convention Trump gave on the Facilities for Illness Keep watch over. March 8: “We’ve a wonderfully coordinated and high-quality tuned plan on the White Area for our assault on CoronaVirus.” Taken from Trump’s Twitter.March 9: “This blindsided the sector.” Taken from Trump’s remarks at a press convention.
A video with equivalent content material, posted through creator Lindsay Holst and that includes audio of a number of of Trump’s remarks along a graph appearing the unfold of the illness, has been shared hundreds of instances on Twitter:
57 days later. percent.twitter.com/umsfZHyBuo
— Lindsay Holst (@LindsayLHolst) March 17, 2020
On March 17 2020, reporters requested Trump why his tone had shifted so temporarily and dramatically in regards to the epidemic. He advised journalists, “I’ve all the time identified it is a actual — it is a pandemic. I felt it used to be an endemic lengthy earlier than it used to be known as an endemic. I’ve all the time seen it as very severe.”