WCG - 16th Birthday Challenge

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ritschie[P3D]

Nov 21, 2020
Can you give some background on team Planet 3DNow! ?

Hello TeAm AnandTech,

I am not the owner of the site, but as a moderator I would like to introduce Planet 3DNow! to you:

We are a german hardware website from AMD users for AMD users and a contact point for all computer questions. Non profit and privately run.

Our Distributed Computing Team is a crazy bunch where everyone does what they want. But at competitions we are usually close together.

We are happy about every fair and exciting competition.

The winner is science.
The winner is the fun.

So let's continue to have fun!

Many greetings from good old Germany
Ritschie

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Hello TeAm AnandTech,

I am not the owner of the site, but as a moderator I would like to introduce Planet 3DNow! to you:

We are a german hardware website from AMD users for AMD users and a contact point for all computer questions. Non profit and privately run.

Our Distributed Computing Team is a crazy bunch where everyone does what they want. But at competitions we are usually close together.

We are happy about every fair and exciting competition.

The winner is science.
The winner is the fun.

So let's continue to have fun!

Many greetings from good old Germany
Ritschie
Interesting. If you look at my sig, you can see that I currently buy AMD, mostly EPYC. I have over 1000 cores ! But you guys laid me to waste !

Off-topic---- I have been to Germany, and I just have to say, I love Bavaria !

Last edited:
Reactions: Endgame124

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
5.2 mil gain since yesterday. Nice! It's going to be interesting seeing how much people have stockpiled to dump tomorrow. :)

pipin

Nov 21, 2020
www.planet3dnow.de
Hi guys,

another P3D-guy here.

Great competition so far. We will see what the last day will bring. ;)

Interesting. If you look at my sig, you can see that I currently buy AMD, mostly EPYC. I have over 1000 cores ! But you guys laid me to waste !

Off-topic---- I have been to Germany, and I just have to say, I love Bavaria !

To add something to Rietschis comment: Our name comes from the 3DNow! extension to the x86 instruction set and the use of the trademarked name was even given to us from AMD directly back in the days. But thats all for cpu history lecture. ; ) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DNow!)

I hope we can win this, but it will be a tough last day. :)

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Hallo @Ritschie[P3D] und @pipin, willkommen!
Gruß aus D nach D/A/CH. :-)

Ein Blick in Euer Forum sagt mir, dass Ihr im Endspurt noch allerlei Brauchbares aus Sofaritzen ausgrabt... :-O

Mein alter ego xii5ku besitzt zwar landesuntypisch kein Sofa. Aber ich behalte ein Auge auf ihn, dass er bis heute Nacht auch ja jeden Geburtstagskuchenkrümel auskehrt. Ordnung muss ein.

[Welcome, greetings from Germany to Germany/Austria/Switzerland. A look into your forum tells me that you are now, in this final leg, still digging up various useful items out of your sofa gaps... My alter ego xii5ku does not possess a sofa, atypically for the country. But I'll keep in eye on him to get every crumb of birthday cake swept out until tonight. Got to keep the place tidy.]

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Thanks Steve. That rascal xii5ku....we never know what to expect from him...except...I hesitate to say 'greatness'....allow me to say 'shock and awe' instead. :)

VietOZ

Aug 3, 2019
Only me can predict what xii5ku will do :p and still got beat
P3D just got a taste of it ... lolz
I don't mind to get the credit though ... haha
mehhh, that ain't right. TaaT deserved this win. Now let's see how P3D can cope with it

Reactions: SystemVipers

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Only me can predict what xii5ku will do :p and still got beat
P3D just got a taste of it ... lolz
I don't mind to get the credit though ... haha
mehhh, that ain't right. TaaT deserved this win. Now let's see how P3D can cope with it
Speaking for myself and (I hope) Stephan/xii5ku , Its hard to beat the power of EPYC ! The rest of the team was obviously critical, just speaking for the 2 highest point makers in the competition !

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
I am doing some forum research... Can we get a hit at the overall "Stephan/xii5ku " hardware? It looks a bit crazy if it is not elsewhere used for commercial production of some kind!

I would just like a peak behind the curtain! :)

Markfw

May 16, 2002
I am doing some forum research... Can we get a hit at the overall "Stephan/xii5ku " hardware? It looks a bit crazy if it is not elsewhere used for commercial production of some kind!

I would just like a peak behind the curtain! :)
I would too, but Stephan is a little "private" so I just read what he posts. My 1000 cores are in my sig, no surprise there. But I can't touch him. I should say, he has taught me a few things, that I only utilized to about 1/10 of what I could have in this contest, so maybe next time I can come up to bat.