[WCCFTECH] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 leaked info and performance

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Looks like nVidia is going to wait until closer to launch to announce.
Well the moment you announce you kill sales of current gen cards, which is the last thing Nvidia wants to do as they are still selling every card they can make.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Saying the blower cooler sucks is ridiculous :rolleyes: You know, I hadn't used a blower card in probably 7 or 8 years before I bought my Titan Xp. When I started testing it, I could instantly see the benefits of the cooler, vs the aftermarket cooler on my Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 1080 which was dumping tons of heat in my case. Not that I had bad ventilation or anything, because my case has great airflow and it's large. But even so, I could easily see a big difference in the internal temperature of my case, and even my CPU temperature as a result of the heat being blown out of the backend of my case.

Wait until you try a SFF build. Blowers are way easier to manage in space constrained situations.

ioni

Aug 3, 2009
Well the moment you announce you kill sales of current gen cards, which is the last thing Nvidia wants to do as they are still selling every card they can make.
That may have been the case in the pre-mining days, but miners aren't going to sit around waiting a few months for the next new card to come out. I don't think it would hurt them at all to announce early this time.

Samwell

May 10, 2015
That may have been the case in the pre-mining days, but miners aren't going to sit around waiting a few months for the next new card to come out. I don't think it would hurt them at all to announce early this time.

Miners are not buying anymore in high quantities. The boom is over for the moment. This are already a lot of lost sales. If gamers too stop buying because of new gen, than nvidia can sit on tons of old cards. They won't do that.