Ways to calm down

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I have a huge meeting at 4 that will last till 8 today and I am nervous as hell and cannot calm down. I know I will be fine at the meeting and I know I will be calm then but I hust cannot calm down now it feel slike i am wired and cannot calm down. I tried breathing deep and lying down but I cannot calm down.

It s weird I keep breathing heavily and such and probnably am having a panic attack

any ideas>? crhsit I kep having to fix my typos.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Fourier Transform
Take a cold shower.

Failing that, wash your face with cold water.
Somewhat related to that, drinking a glass of water can help as well, along with some slow and deep breaths.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Just reassure yourself that everything will be fine. Not too sure about what this meeting has in store for you, but granted it won't kill you! Will it? :p

Just think - after 8 you'll be done. You'll still be alive. Heck, after being in there for a few minutes you'll realize you were all worked up over nothin'!

Hang in there!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
masturbation. blunt. shower. violence. alcohol. sleep.

pick 2

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
concentrate on your breathing.

one thing i'll do is imagine the stress worry being black clouds or gas leaving my feet on exhales and white clouds or something purifying coming into my head on the inhales.

i'll do that for 10 mins or however long it takes and that will really helps me calm down.

Away

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Take a walk and get some fresh air. That always helps me calm down if I have some anxiety.

jimmyjam

Mar 4, 2002
I opened a book at Jamba Juice yesterday called "The Little Book of Calm." The page I opened to said to close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale deeply through your left nostril. Then close your left nostril with your right index finger and exhale completely through your right nostril. Repeat 10 times.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
throw back a couple shots of hennigans and you'll be as loose as a goose and ready to roll in no time. and because it's odorless, why, it will be our little secret.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
masturbation. blunt. shower. violence. alcohol. sleep.

pick 2
i'd steer clear of choices 2 and 5 since he has to actually go somewhere :p

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
thanks I tried everything besides the other stuff you guys said I feel better and I just threw up 2 times that helps a lo, still ion edge i guess ill go get ready.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Eat something with a lot of carbs like rice or pasta so you get that sluggish after eating feeling. Lay off caffeine if this is something that happens to you often.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
thanks I tried everything besides the other stuff you guys said I feel better and I just threw up 2 times that helps a lo, still ion edge i guess ill go get ready.
wow... you are waaaaaay too worked up.

use the voice (your voice) in your head to calm yourself. talk yourself into tranquility.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Off I go wish me luck...and at least it does not feel like I am shaking and running a race anymore.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: jimmyjam
I opened a book at Jamba Juice yesterday called "The Little Book of Calm." The page I opened to said to close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale deeply through your left nostril. Then close your left nostril with your right index finger and exhale completely through your right nostril. Repeat 10 times.

Mild oxygen-induced buzz.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Set a timer for when you need to leave, but put your watch and/or clock in a box. The more you look at the time, the more you obsess over the meeting your going to in x minutes. Taking away the self-induced time pressure can help immensely.