Way too funny!! Trump Greeted With 'Lock Him Up' Chants And Boos At World Series

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
It is about damn time people started getting sick and tired of all the crap. But part of me is sad because this is caused by the division he created. It's all a distraction that makes him happy as they pick our pockets and take our freedoms. It also makes his buddy Vlad very happy.
the average person didn't have much of an opportunity before this since all his appearances tend to be highly controlled to only allow those that support him. Basically he has his camp followers and groupies to draw on to feed his ego.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
So what are your speculations as to why Trump abjured the tradition of throwing the first pitch?

All the previous presidents did it . . .

Was it fear? Of being hit by anything from a rotten egg to a wad of hot lead?

Or did he have a prescient apprehension of what actually happened anyway?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
the average person didn't have much of an opportunity before this since all his appearances tend to be highly controlled to only allow those that support him. Basically he has his camp followers and groupies to draw on to feed his ego.

That's just about it right there. I believe they'd actually pay good money to be in his presence and/or offer up their teenage daughters to him for the, you know, honor of telling their friends how their daughters got blessed by Trump.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I enjoyed Melanias face possibly more. She knows they are hated and has no where else to go.

So much power, but so little joy to show for it. She's chosen poorly.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So what are your speculations as to why Trump abjured the tradition of throwing the first pitch?

His fat bloated ass probably can't throw the ball to the plate. If he could have done it better then Obama he would have.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

He was never invited to throw the first pitch. The nationals flat out stated that.

Also, tickets were NOT $1k+ for many many of the seats, especially for game 5. I was tracking ticket prices for every game in DC. Game 5 were the cheapest by far. You could get tickets for around $450 easily for that game. Also, many people purchased tickets directly from MLB since they were season ticket holders or got them due to buying NLCS tickets directly from MLB. I talked to a season ticket holder on the way home from the NLCS clinching game and he got his 3 game tickets for $170 each. The presale for non-season ticket holders started at $269.

The only place tickets were $1k+ were on third party and there were many MANY tickets to be had for less than that especially game 5.