wattage in processor

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
hey guys I was running a sisoft test with the new phii 940 and something really bothers me... it shows up that my processor is sucking 211W... i was like What the Hell!!!!! is that possible or this is a joke... how can be if this board somewhere in the manual and netsite say is a 140w board lol... any info that can clear this for me?

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
what are you using to measure wattage? If it is software base, the nI would say a glitch. If it is from a Kill O Meter, then that is different.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
ya sisoft.. is a program... is kinda weird because the old processor show their wattage correctly based on the manufacture data... and a few wattage increase due to OC... but this one is way too.. i think is bug too...

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Ya, I really dont trust software when it comes to showing how much energy a chip consumes. You can pick a kil-o-meter up for around $17 which is much more accurate from newegg.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
is that a thing like kill a watt some years ago that u plug it into the wall and the equipment to it and it shows voltage, wattage, amps and so on?

Andrew1990

Banned
Mar 8, 2008
Originally posted by: Pelu
is that a thing like kill a watt some years ago that u plug it into the wall and the equipment to it and it shows voltage, wattage, amps and so on?

lol, I think that is what I am talking about, I didnt know the correct name for it, but that is it.

They come in handy and are well worth $17.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I've found a number of odd readings since I put my PhII into this board. I think it'll take a little bit for some of the sotware tools to catch up maybe. I updated the bios on my board then installed my PhII and started tweaking. According to on piece of software (maybe OCCT? Can't remember) my 12v rail is at 7 volts. I wouldn't worry too much.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
ya... PhII is new.. software are a bit behind lol.. anyway... my processor is running at 3.44 215 16X multiplier... I tried 16.5 but it start giving me a lot of crazyness in the screen lol... air cool... 3.44 is around 130 load... 3.55 is the nut screen... no clue about the temperature on 3.55 because I cant know it... screen is crazy lol.... but at least the mouse pointer moves around lol.... I was thinking it need more voltage.. but i pass on that one... pump up voltage will take up also my electro migration.. causing my processor to get busted in a few months lol...

anyway my third party cooler have some pipes for heating and is in aluminium... the amd one have also pipes.. and some copper... wondering which one is better...