Question Watercooled AMD Ryzen Micro ITX build

TechyGeek

Feb 23, 2015
Hi All,

Really want to try building Watercooled AMD Ryzen Micro ITX rig :)

It'll be used for gaming and software programming (compiles, vm, etc)

The intent here is to slap a good enough amd chip for around $120-150 using x570 mobo until 4000 series come out and shoot for the best bang for the buck at that time. I'll reuse Vega 64 and 5.25 inch Bluray drive.

I'm sure it is possible to slap something that high end, for around $700-1000. Max out mobo, and ram, and power supply, and just wait out on cpu and graphics until next gen comes out.

So, with that being said, that's a rather big challenge, but doable!

What are my options for Micro ITX cases and watercooling?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Hi All,

Really want to try building Watercooled AMD Ryzen Micro ITX rig :)

It'll be used for gaming and software programming (compiles, vm, etc)

The intent here is to slap a good enough amd chip for around $120-150 using x570 mobo until 4000 series come out and shoot for the best bang for the buck at that time. I'll reuse Vega 64 and 5.25 inch Bluray drive.

I'm sure it is possible to slap something that high end, for around $700-1000. Max out mobo, and ram, and power supply, and just wait out on cpu and graphics until next gen comes out.

So, with that being said, that's a rather big challenge, but doable!

What are my options for Micro ITX cases and watercooling?

I don’t have this case but I’m pretty happy with my phanteks P600

Plenty of radiator mounting options

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

no...

Your Liquid Cooling System gear can cost that much itself if you want something really high end.

Were talking, 160 for gpu block + 130 for cpu block.... these are just blocks, you still need fittings, tubing, radiators, pumps, reservior.

Not going to get what your wishing for if you want a full LCS, unless we're talking AIO.

Also i dont advise ITX LCS builds as first attempts.
Its several magnitude worse then building a ITX system when all you have done is built ATX.

Want to play with LCS first, use a Bench Rack to set it up and tinker with stuff.
Once u get down what you want, then migrate it to the ITX case.

I WOULD SERIOUSLY recommend u get this:

Then transition to a ITX case once u got your LCS system down, if you absolutely want a high end full LCS Ryzen ITX.

Reactions: Meghan54

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
A custom loop will set you back at least $600. The problem that you run into is not knowing exactly what you need until you start building it. There is always a fitting that's missing, radiator that doesn't quite fit and so on. All the videos on Youtube make it seem easy, but those guys have a ton of spare parts and only show that successful parts.