Water got inside cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nublikescake

Senior member
Jul 23, 2008
890
0
0
It's a Nokia 6120c.

Dried it out good but it now has the following problems:

1) Doesn't turn off, only restarts!
2) Doesn't detect the external memory card
3) The battery only lasts for 10-12 hours with a full charge!


Obviously the biggest problem for me is #3. Before I go out and buy a new battery, is there a way to check if the battery's the problem or if the charging mechanism in the phone's dysfunctional? I don't have access to another 6120c to test the battery in it.

Anyone experienced similar issues with a water-damaged cellphone?
 

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
25,074
4
0
What kind of battery does your phone take, is it a BL-5C or a BL-4C by any chance?
 
Sep 7, 2009
12,960
3
0
put it in a bag of rice. It works like a charm.

This, but the key here is to immediately turn off the phone after water damage and NOT turn it on to 'test' every few hours. People usually pull it out and try to turn it on every few hours which is what screws stuff up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.