Watchmen comes out on DVD tomorrow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: fleshconsumed
Originally posted by: Phokus

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are better

The second one is not bad with the twisted ending. Ultimately I didn't find the movies that special. I liked Tim Burton versions better, I almost shed a tear when I watched Penguin die in Batman Returns.

I did as well....from laughter as all the penguin henchmen carried Penguin's body away. :laugh:

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Will wait until the blu-ray version comes down in price. I enjoyed it for what it is: an adult superhero movie. fleshconsumed stated all the reasons why I like it.

That said, I still think the Dark Knight is the best superhero movie of all time.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
It's great for seeing giant blu-dick in blu-ray -- other than that, the movie sucked

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Meh, I loved the movie, unlike most people here. There were a few crappy scenes, but I thought overall it was excellent and beautiful to watch, with a much better ending (well maybe more appropriate ending) than the GN. I will probably buy the DC.

KT

nerdress

Jun 5, 2009
I read the comic before I saw the movie, and happened to thoroughly enjoy both. In fact, I reread the comic a few times and watched the movie in the theater a few times as well. I'm definitely going to ask for it for my birthday...because I'm too poor to buy it :(

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: nerdress
I read the comic before I saw the movie, and happened to thoroughly enjoy both. In fact, I reread the comic a few times and watched the movie in the theater a few times as well. I'm definitely going to ask for it for my birthday...because I'm too poor to buy it :(

Get a job, you bum.

KT

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I read the "book" and enjoyed the movie but won't bother buying it on my own.

I'll probably get it for Christmas anyway.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Netflix. Stop buying and renting. (Unless it is a RedBox rental, those are only $1/day.)

RedBox != Bluray = FAIL

Netflix is awesome if I really really want to watch a movie......in two days.

Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: pontifex
i had a friend at work who saw it and he said something about seeing all male nudity throughout the whole movie

i heard about the nuddity but i thought it was female.
i'm gonna have to pass now.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
are you guys seriously so deathly afraid of cock you can't stand a glowing blue penis visually slapping you across the face every few minutes?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Ns1
are you guys seriously so deathly afraid of cock you can't stand a glowing blue penis visually slapping you across the face every few minutes?

I know, it's so stupid. I barely noticed the thing since I was busy actually watching the movie.

KT

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Just bought the blu-ray off Amazon... thanks for the reminder :p.

Originally posted by: nerdress

I didn't like the movie ending as much. I guess I found the book ending to be a bit more interesting because it was a bit different. I also thought they ruined a couple characters in the movie such as Silk Spectre II and Dr. Manhattan. I don't know if the Director's Cut will make ol' blue any better, but he wasn't nearly as complex in the movie as he was in the comic and I enjoyed that sort of psychological complexity.

Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I know, it's so stupid. I barely noticed the thing since I was busy actually watching the movie.

I noticed it being much more common in the movie than in the comic.

EDIT:

But, the real crime in the movie is that Malin Ackerman's boobs during the sex scene were CG'd!

Madwand1

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2006
Poetic visuals and pacing. Complex themes; content before explosions. Good movie; about as good as superhero/science fiction movies get these days while still being seen.

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
If you go into it thinking it's a mystery / drama rather than the action movie it was billed as it's really not all that bad.

Feb 6, 2007
I bought the Blu-ray having missed the movie in theaters; I don't usually blind buy, but I'd heard good things about this film and it sounded like it would be right up my alley. I thought it was excellent. It's a fantastic character study of the dichotomy of good and evil that exists within all people, even those billed as superheroes. No one in the film was entirely good and no one was entirely bad; they were all presented in a way where you could identify with their thoughts even if you would have acted differently upon them. Very well done.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
ok annoying, seems the netflix one is without any special features at all:(

wonder if torrent will come to the rescue grr