Watching Stargate SG1 Season 1 . . .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
Season 1 of Babylon 5 had some weak acting in it, though perhaps not any episodes as bad as the Planet of Mongol Chauvinist Pigs that Carter had to teach feminism to in season 1 of SG1 :) . But it also introduced strands of plot that would be woven into the next 3 seasons.

I love watching SG1. I'm currently watching it all again, will be my 3rd time through. Pretty much every day when I see which episode is next in line I'm like "Ooooooooo, I love this episode!" Certain ones to a higher degree than others, but I typically enjoy every single one. However that episode annoys the ever living crap outta me. I skipped it this time. If I had been the company ordering this series that episode would have come damn close to canceling the it.

For me even Atlantis didn't come close to the awesomeness that sg1 had. I think that is mainly because it fell into the same pit that later seasons of sg1 did. They focused too much on the over-arching plot line and killing the bad guys instead of exploring the universe. That and we got super-awesome spaceships that can kick everybody else's ass

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
For me even Atlantis didn't come close to the awesomeness that sg1 had. I think that is mainly because it fell into the same pit that later seasons of sg1 did. They focused too much on the over-arching plot line and killing the bad guys instead of exploring the universe. That and we got super-awesome spaceships that can kick everybody else's ass
The other annoying thing for me: They never got to really hang on to any cool alien ships. SG-1 would capture a Goa'uld mothership, and it'd crash, or blow up or something. Then they got a Glider, and it tried to kill them by taking them on a damn long trip.
Atlantis - they get a nice Aurora-class battleship, but then it gets blown up shortly afterward in a battle with two Hive ships. Or they get their own Hive ship, but they fly it into some Wraith facility not too long after. They never really get to keep any of the fun new ships - they always wind up blowing them up somehow. We can't have nice (stolen) things. :(

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
> The other annoying thing for me: They never got to really hang on to any cool alien ships.

at least in SG1 they had O'Neil complaining about not being able to keep any of the ships.

. . . and then they had to blow up the Asgard ship named after him :( :)

But: in SG1/SGA they did steadily use more alien tech, such as the fighters used to defend the arctic base and the Prometheus, Daedalus, etc.