Watch What You Buy to Eat

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
Was at one of the local health food stores fetching stuff from my car trunk in the store's parking lot. Didn't notice some melted (what looked like) candy on the blacktop someone had dropped. (Looked like melted chocolate with embedded caramel.) Stuff got all over the bottom of my shoe and it was impossible to clean off. When I got home, I tried everything from plain water & soap using a whisk broom then escalating to wire brush, then rag with TSP & then finally mineral spirits. Nothing worked other than to just mechanically scrape it off the shoe.

Conclusion is that there's no way stuff like this can dissolve in an alimentary canal (not even with acid). AFAIC such stuff is lethal.

Also too, I found that the store's "garlic butter" that they use on their mixed vegetables dishes kills ice plant. (Noticed after pouring the residual juice outside instead of down the drain which might clog. True brick butter does not kill the ice plant. If it kills ice plant, then enough of it probably will kill you. Note: Joel Wallach says real butter is okay to consume, do not eat margarine. )

Therefore, watch the stuff you buy to eat. Just because you're in a store that says "health food" doesn't necessarily mean much.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Butter and margarine are both good for you. They lubricate the blood vessels and help blood flow faster, thereby increasing oxygenation of your body.