Watch Frontline 10/9 @ 9:00

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
FRONTLINE traces the roots of the Iraqi war back to the days immediately following September 11, when Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld ordered the creation of a special intelligence operation to quietly begin looking for evidence that would justify the war. The intelligence reports soon became a part of a continuing struggle between civilians in the Pentagon on one side and the CIA, State Department, and uniformed military on the other-a struggle that would lead to inadequate planning for the aftermath of the war, continuing violence, and mounting political problems for the president.

Truth, War, and Consequences

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I don't doubt it. I find it interesting that immediatly following 9/11 the higher-ups in the U.S. government were looking for ways to spin the events of said day for their own twisted agendas. This implies foreknowledge and planning on the parts of said officials. Satan must be very pleased with his minions.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Front Line is such a great, great program. They always get that much more info than any other Investigative news show.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
The cool part? We don't even need to tune in to watch it. The right column of the website says that after the program airs, they're going to stream the entire documentary.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
They did a scathing documentary on the first Gulf War.

I guarantee you within a few days of airing this the Bush Admin will be pushing to cut more PBS funding.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Nothing terribly new, but fascinating nonetheless... also I think the democratic debate is on Thursday. I hope to watch that too!

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: oLLie
The cool part? We don't even need to tune in to watch it. The right column of the website says that after the program airs, they're going to stream the entire documentary.

What format though? PBS and the like seem to only use Real Player which IMO, is essentially like not posting at all. I'll be damned if I put that POS program on any of my systems..

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Insane3D

What format though? PBS and the like seem to only use Real Player which IMO, is essentially like not posting at all. I'll be damned if I put that POS program on any of my systems..

Media Player Classic;)

CkG

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
Ok... with 1/2 hour left on the documentary, here are my comments:

The Bush administration went to war despite very inconclusive evidence concerning WMD. The Iraqi National Congress, and Ahmed Chalabi, played the administration for chumps. The administration was unprepared to reestablish order in Iraq, and obviously had no established plans for effective governance - for example, Jay Garner's group didn't even have telephones when they arrived in Bagdad.

:|

gflores

Jul 10, 2003
damn, I missed it. They streaming it Oct 11, so TWO days after the initial broadcast. I'm glad PBS streams an entire documentary. That's kick a$$ :)

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Actually I think the most damning aspect of this documentary is that the debates over the magnitude of threat from Iraq, how to address the threat from Iraq, and how to deal with the aftermath of conflict were shortcircuited by vested interests within and outside the administration.

Hindsight is 20/20 my arse . . . there was ample empirical evidence to support different courses of action while little more than hopes and dreams supported the chosen path. If Bush ran environmental policy like this all cars in America would be PZEV and the state of WV would be forbidden from digging another ounce of coal.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Insane3D

Media Player Classic;)

CkG

yup, the media player classic hack is all you need:)

the documentary director? interview on fresh air. http://freshair.npr.org/day_fa.jhtml;jsessionid=PO3CRWO1VR2YLLA5AINSFFI?todayDate=current