Washington Redskins plan to announce name change today, any guesses what it will be?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Can we just not go with Crackers?

So many meanings.

It wouldn't make much sense, though. There's a reason that DC has long been known as "Chocolate City."

Of course when you go down that route, potential new problems arise....

Honestly, though, I think I would like for a name that recognizes the predominantly black history of DC, as long as it can be cultural and respectful.

Go Go music is big in DC....but I can't think of a name like that that wouldn't be awful.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I was thinking the Washington Carebears, cause well if that offends anyone then i quit.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
While we're at it, I think they need to rename Toronto Maple Leafs too. Maple trees might take offense.

Maybe they should change it to Christian Crybabies? Oh no, you might get offended.

Lot of atheists think they are better than Christians. I've never seen a religious belief system with such a big ego. I've learned to stop getting in the middle of it. They can enjoy their time on Earth persecuting others, but they'll be disappointed at what comes at the end.

Atheists also fear the unknown or anything that they can't see with their eyes. They are simple minded, and I feel sorry for them.

Last time I checked, being put in jail over beliefs is religious persecution. Persecution does not necessarily mean killed, but it simply means being mistreated for having certain beliefs.

Whether it was a public or private place is irrelevant. He ended up being at the hands of the law for his beliefs, thus the law decided he should be put in jail due to the fact that he was of NN religion and talking about it in public. I've seen missionaries treated better in 3rd world countries.

Plus I'd guess those maple trees have more to fear from you tapping their syrup holes.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Oh yeah? Visit a lot of gay clubs in DC do ya?

Glad you keep up on that stuff, someone has to right? Since you know ALL ABOUT THAT just maybe that is YOUR thing. Hey its fine, i got nothing against you believe me.

Honestly i follow football so little, i actually thought the red skins were from the state of washington. You know the state with tons of bears. Meh i would work on learning a bit more about the actual locations, but honestly i couldn't give a shit about sports. My interest in the thread is merely about the bullshit name thing, if grown men wanna play with balls they can go hang with you maybe since your kinda a fan of such things apparently knowing all that stuff.

I fixed the post lol. The red skins i know as a team, but a team i hear or know so little about, yeah i can't be the first person to make that mistake. Didn't even bother to read the op, its how little i care about football and this racism shit. I get the general idea that people are fucking petty and stupid. That is all i need to know.

Last edited:

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
If Lebron James bought the team they could be the Bronies.

If the Rock bought the team they would be the Jabronies

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
There is some really bad news about sexual harassment coverups that went on at the high level in Redskins organization over the past 10 or so years. It's all speculation still but supposed to come out today or tomorrow.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
There is some really bad news about sexual harassment coverups that went on at the high level in Redskins organization over the past 10 or so years. It's all speculation still but supposed to come out today or tomorrow.
You mean the Washington Post article? The same newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos who is wanting to purchase the Washington Redskins? Color me surprised.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
And you are are not mistaken unfortunately.

I just know it all to well, you know what i am into and well it comes with its own prejudice as well. I lost actual friends due to it, so yup i practice what i preach. People really need to read up on a little history, who knows their narrow minded views will change? Its all i been doing, given what interests me its pretty key. Its also a weapon, you can't argue with these people. You will move mountains before getting through.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You mean the Washington Post article? The same newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos who is wanting to purchase the Washington Redskins? Color me surprised.
Stuff has been coming out in the post well before Bezos was even around.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Stuff has been coming out in the post well before Bezos was even around.

Every football team has things in it's past that are not "savory". You stick 72 adrenaline junkies, who play a sport that is violent in a culture full of testosterone filled rage, constantly pushed to the limits, and a shit load of money and opportunities, what could go wrong?

The stuff I saw that was coming out was regarding drug use (no shit, really?), prostitution / sex parties, and a cheerleader calendar photoshoot that was reported on 2 years ago. Nothing really surprising here.

But, let's be honest, the timing of this "report" is very opportunistic and seems like it's a move to push Dan out. We will see what happens.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Is that about the cheerleaders being required to attend those mid-year retreats with the board and donor people and expectations to "perform services"?