Wash. man accused of sex with pit bull

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Number1
Originally posted by: mugs
Why is that a crime?

Who is the victim?

Repulsive, YES

Criminal, ?

THE DOG

Unless there is physical damage there is no damage.

Tell that to a woman who has been raped. :roll: What he did was cruel to the dog.

The law was enacted because some guy got it in the but by a horse and died. Obviously it wasn?t enacted to protect animals. Who is this law benefitting?

You're wrong. It was enacted to protect animals. The law was enacted after that incident because there was no way to charge anyone for animal cruelty because the horse was not injured. Not to safe people from dying after being anally pentrated by a horse.

Originally posted by: mercanucaribe

Considering you can kill a dog, I'm not sure how having sex with it is any worse. I don't think it counts as cruelty because if the dog didn't like it, she/he would have bitten the man.. it IS a pit bull.
Why would the wife take pics and call the police though? Imagine if you had a woman like that, who goes informer and turns you in for smoking marijuana.

You can kill a dog, but if you do it inhumanely it is a crime.

The wife probably took pictures and called the police because she was horrified and disgusted by the way the guy was treating their pet! It's hardly comparable to smoking marijuana.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Why is that a crime?

Who is the victim?

Repulsive, YES

Criminal, ?

THE DOG

Unless there is physical damage there is no damage.
The law was enacted because some guy got it in the but by a horse and died. Obviously it wasn?t enacted to protect animals. Who is this law benefitting?
Somebody that wants to screw his dog is going to be deterred by this law?
I think being found out is bad enough.

This is just wasting tax payer?s money.

Whatever the law first intended, I'm perfectly fine with protecting dogs from being molested. The guy deserves jail time.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
hehe, this kinda thing has always been going on. Not acceptable for sure, but don't get all "it's the end of the world" about it.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
So does it matter if it was consensual sex or rape? I mean, technically, couldnt the dog go along with it?

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Leros
So does it matter if it was consensual sex or rape? I mean, technically, couldnt the dog go along with it?

you saying peanut butter was involved? :)

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bctbct

Im serious, I mean... what if a male dog were to mount a female human? Surely that could/has happened? Right.... would that be illegal?

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: bctbct

Im serious, I mean... what if a male dog were to mount a female human? Surely that could/has happened? Right.... would that be illegal?

Nip/tuck recently had an episode where a soldiers wife was involved with the family pet. Hubby finds the jar of peanut butter and kills the dog.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Why is that a crime?

Who is the victim?

Repulsive, YES

Criminal, ?

THE DOG

Considering you can kill a dog, I'm not sure how having sex with it is any worse. I don't think it counts as cruelty because if the dog didn't like it, she/he would have bitten the man.. it IS a pit bull.
Yeah because all Pitbulls are mean and bite :confused:

Oh great, you're one of those "it depends on the training" people who ignores breeding. If the pitbull doesn't like being raped, I'd expect it to bite you, but I'm not a dog expert.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Why is that a crime?

Who is the victim?

Repulsive, YES

Criminal, ?

THE DOG

Yeah because all Pitbulls are mean and bite :confused:

Oh great, you're one of those "it depends on the training" people who ignores breeding. If the pitbull doesn't like being raped, I'd expect it to bite you, but I'm not a dog expert.

Obviously.

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
"A Spanaway man accused of having sex with a dog is apparently the first person in the Washington state charged under a new bestiality law."

Because this law is new to the state, Does this mean he could get out on bail, grab the dog and live happily ever after together in a nearby state? Could he marry, like this goat guy?

Man forced to marry goat
From correspondents in Malakal, Sudan

February 27, 2006
A MAN caught "in flagrante delicto" with a goat has been forced to marry the animal.
According to the local newspaper, The Juba Post, the goat's owner, a Mr Alifi, caught his neighbour, Mr Tombe, assaulting his goat and reported the man to the local council of elders for adjudication.
"It was around midnight when Tombe came to do his nonsense on my goat, and I was already in bed inside my house," Mr Alifi said.
"Suddenly I heard the goat make a loud noise. Immediately I rushed outside to find Mr Tombe was naked and engaged in a relationship with my goat. " When I asked him what are you doing there, he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up. They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife."
Mr Tombe agreed to pay a dowry of 150,000 Sudanese dinars ($125) for his new spouse.
"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi told the Post.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

I would say if you give the dog a treat every time you had sex with it, eventually, the dog would start to beg for sex to get the treat.

Then it would be consensual. But try telling that to the judge.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
A dog probably cannot legally consent to sex as the law probably states something like you have to be a HUMAN BEING to do so and probably excludes any other species of animal or at the very least does not apply to.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
People have been going to Tiuana for decades (at least) to watch women fvck donkeys, and in Vietnam, "dog shows" usually involving local girls and military K-9 dogs were pretty common...so, this is nothing new...repulsive? Maybe, but certainly nothing new...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ah so WA state finally passed a bestiality law after that guy committed suicide by horse... good for them. :laugh:

The least shocking facts here are that it occurred in Spanaway and involved a pit bull :laugh::laugh:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Beastility has existed since the Roman and Greek times.
If you need a news article like this to show you things are going down the crapper then you are clueless and shouldnt care anyway.

Society has been going down the crapper ever since the baby-boomers started making decisions and the WWII vets were put in nursing homes.
It just so happens the baby-boomers are really good at covering their mistakes (probably from lots of experience) so a lot of innattentive folks have missed it.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: SampSon
His own wife turned him in, after taking pictures on her cell phone?

You'd think she would at least commit him to the padded wall place first before turning him in....